UCSF tuition

Started by Asnchic
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Asnchic

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been looking for a price on Google and The College Board but no such listing seems to exist.

What's the cost per year? Probably high up there since it's private right? I was just curious. 🙂
 
Hmm, I didn't know UCSF is private. I've always thought the school is part of the UC system.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got my fin aid letter today- my total amount awarded is 34k a year. So I'm guessing that's how much everything will cost. (This is in-state cost)-
Edit: I just went to UCSF's site and it shows $34383...so expensive....
 
The University of Kentucky is a public school, but its tuition is less than 8 grand a year for instate. Why do you think there is such a big difference? UK medical school is over 28K a year. Does anyone know how much UCSF's medical school is?
 
You can find what it costs to go to medical school at UCSF on the same link I provided in my earlier post; it's around $20K.
 
Spyris said:
I got my fin aid letter today- my total amount awarded is 34k a year. So I'm guessing that's how much everything will cost. (This is in-state cost)-
Edit: I just went to UCSF's site and it shows $34383...so expensive....

hey spyris, if you don't mind, can you break down what types of aid you were awarded? thanks
 
Correct me if I am wrong but isn't that the '03-'04 fee which does not take into account of the recent increase in tuition across the UC.
 
Yeah, I saw the 34K and was like BWA HA HA, my schooling will never be in CA. I always toyed with the idea of applying and going to the interview etc....

Foolish hope just to see if they would admit me. Then, somewhere in there, the hope that I could actually go there.
 
BMBiology said:
Correct me if I am wrong but isn't that the '03-'04 fee which does not take into account of the recent increase in tuition across the UC.
The 17K a year is the new cost, it previously was 14K a year I believe