UCSF, UOP, UPENN 4th years or graduates!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Unemployed

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you could do it again, would you choose your respective school?

First years and incoming students are always excited about their school. That makes sense. However, I realize many 4th years become bitter with the school and believe it wasn't worth it. Are you one of them?

Inspired by:
cuneatus2 said:
I met a lot of UPENN dental students during my ortho interviews this year. Many of them said their interview there was awesome, and really got them pumped about attending. It was a completely different story as 4th years, however. They all said it wasn't worth it, and many didn't like it.

I hear this is true from UCSF and UPENN seniors/graduates, but not so much Pacific. True?

Members don't see this ad.

I would go to UCSF again, as its new curriculum makes it better, and less stressful. Also, their clinic is great, I love the paperless system, and loads, loads of patients. I do get weird patients now and then, but it's best to learn to deal with all kinds of weirdos in school than doing it in my private practice. All in all, it has been all good and fun learning experience. My schoolmates are awesome. We get opportunity to follow implant cases and stuff, so it's great for me. Eventhough it can be tired sometimes with all the long working hour.
Dental school is not so fun when it comes to work load anywhere, so the matter is what you can learn, right? I figure out that it will pay off real well in the end.

tinker bell said:
I would go to UCSF again, as its new curriculum makes it better, and less stressful. Also, their clinic is great, I love the paperless system, and loads, loads of patients. I do get weird patients now and then, but it's best to learn to deal with all kinds of weirdos in school than doing it in my private practice. All in all, it has been all good and fun learning experience. My schoolmates are awesome. We get opportunity to follow implant cases and stuff, so it's great for me. Eventhough it can be tired sometimes with all the long working hour.
Dental school is not so fun when it comes to work load anywhere, so the matter is what you can learn, right? I figure out that it will pay off real well in the end.

Thanks for the reply!