UCSF vs Columbia for ob gyn?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I know one of the residents at Columbia and she is definitely not happy. The residents are overworked which is typical for the NY programs. I know they don't generally hate each other, but I don't think they would consider each other to be friends. She said that she wished she hadn't matched there.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I go to UCSF and really am interested in Ob/Gyn (MS2 right now), and I can tell you from the interactions that I have had that there are no better residents and staff than those at UCSF. They are great and very friendly, and the dept is on the top of a 15 story building overlooking all of SF. Just my .02

Jason
 
I know one of the residents at Columbia and she is definitely not happy. The residents are overworked which is typical for the NY programs. I know they don't generally hate each other, but I don't think they would consider each other to be friends. She said that she wished she hadn't matched there.

Cochimed- do you know what year your friend is? I have heard things get better after intern year...

also, i have heard through the faculty grapevine that the chair at columbia and others are thinking of maybe leaving. i keep hearing a lot about how residents are unhappy there but ny is such an attractive option!