UCSF vs OSU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thebusiness

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Like the title says, UCSF vs OSU Go...
I'm an Ohio resident, I feel like the biggest thing I hear is go for cheapest? Just wanted to see if anyone wanted to comment with any insights or good advice

Members don't see this ad.

How much will osu cost? I think ucsf will be upwards of 330k for out of state.

How much will osu cost? I think ucsf will be upwards of 330k for out of state.

sf will be about 347k for oos. You just add the oos fee for 1st year since you can declare residency after that. You could also probably get the living costs down a little bit but sf housing is crazy so don't expect to make a huge dent in that figure. Osu is about 68k cheaper. If you really want to specialize you can do that anywhere. You might have more opportunities at sf with their reputation but it really just depends on your financial situation, whether you'd rather stay close to home, if you'd like to practice in CA after graduation, etc. Personally I'd go with my state school over any oos if the price gap is over ~20k but that's just me.

Yes I just quoted myself :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Go to school where you want to practice...networking is key...I will say tOSU is great so far...not to mention very cheap football season tickets...

If you have any specific questions, pm me...I'll try to answer as best I can...good luck!

I am kind of in the same boat. I'm trying to pick between UPenn and OSU

Depends what you want out of your education. If money is an issue, then OSU. If not, then UCSF. UCSF is amazing for research and it's P/F grading. Can specialize out of both. If you want to practice in Ohio or in the Midwest then pick OSU. If you want to practice out west then UCSF is better.

osu no question lol penn is at least 100k more than osu, right?
Yeah, Penn would be around 160k more then OSU based on COA. I like Penn better in every single aspect compared to OSU but it's tough to justify the price.

Yeah, Penn would be around 160k more then OSU based on COA. I like Penn better in every single aspect compared to OSU but it's tough to justify the price.
Keep in mind that you can specialize and make the most out of any opportunity if you work hard enough. At the end of the day you have to have a financial plan and determine if the investment is worth it and how you'll handle the debt afterward.

Reactions: 1 user