UCSF vs U Mich ($$)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCSF vs U Mich (scholarship).

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
UM = football and cool hoodies

UCSF = crazy people

seems like an easy decision to me

Reactions: 1 users
Wow if you've saved up and don't need to take loans then you could live really comfortable with full tuition at u Mich. I'd take that option.

Umich is effectively giving you 140k to 180k. For me, that is too much money to turn down regardless if you have enough saved for tuition. You could live very comfortably during your four years of medical school at Umich. Plus, I think it would be good to get out of the bay area for medical school and then come back for residency. Umich is still a top-tier program and I do not believe it would be hard to go back to SF with an MD from Umich.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
U mich all the way. 4 year institution with cool teams and what not. Top med school, and its basically free. EASY choice.

Also, if you think Detroit and Michigan do not have refugees and underserved populations, ur crazy! Michigan has a huge Arab american population and much more underserved populations, much more than CA.(I am an arab american in CA myself)

Not sure how old you are, but keep in mind that Umich is a college town. It might not be what you'd want as an older person.

I'd personally go UCSF over Umich unless I was going to go in debt.