UCSF vs. UCSD

Started by Jdmoss87
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Jdmoss87

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I was accepted to UCSF and UCSD and was wondering if anyone was facing a similar predicament, or had any input. I loved both schools, am originally from the Bay Area but did my undergrad in So Cal. Thanks

Jeff
 
UCSF! i'm biased though cause i've grown up in so-cal my whole life and i've been here at UCSD for 6 years now.
 
Hi! I was accepted to UCSF and UCSD and was wondering if anyone was facing a similar predicament, or had any input. I loved both schools, am originally from the Bay Area but did my undergrad in So Cal. Thanks

Jeff

Although I am waiting to hear back from UCSF, if I were to be admitted to UCSF, it will be a touch choice for me as well!!

After talking to the associate dean @ UCSD, UCSD has one of the top rate in sending their applicants to residency/fellowships (above 60%). UCSD is H/P/F grading system so it will be helpful in alleviating the stress that you will get from pharmacy school.

Of course, UCSF is the #1 school in the country so it is a dream school for many many many pre-pharmacy candidates. UCSF probaby has a very good residency selection rate but I am not sure about the actual numbers.

SF Bayarea is great I think but SD is a great city as well. I personally do not have a car so I would choose SF over SD in terms of city life.