UCSF vs. UCSD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jdmoss87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! So I was accepted to UCSF and UCSD and have basically until next week to make my decision (after which I am out of town until the deadline). I was wondering if anyone else has been through this situation before, and if so, why you chose the school you did. I love both schools, I love both cities. This is the best worst problem to have. Thanks!
Jeff

Members don't see this ad.

Hello Jeff,

I would definitely recommend that you take UCSF into consideration as your priority school. UCSF is very diverse and getting into this school is a challenge in itself. Congratulations for making it through the admissions. There are many reasons for choosing UCSF regardless of the location or the city. UCSF has a variety of opportunities available for Pharmacy students. The exposure and the experience you can gain at UCSF, will not be found anywhere else. The most important aspect of their pharmacy program are the 3 tracks that will lead you in practicing the profession in a much better way. Additionally, it is the top school for pharmacy which says it all, can't go wrong in choosing UCSF.

Best of luck,
-Prosp PharmD

Hello Jeff,

I would definitely recommend that you take UCSF into consideration as your priority school. UCSF is very diverse and getting into this school is a challenge in itself. Congratulations for making it through the admissions. There are many reasons for choosing UCSF regardless of the location or the city. UCSF has a variety of opportunities available for Pharmacy students. The exposure and the experience you can gain at UCSF, will not be found anywhere else. The most important aspect of their pharmacy program are the 3 tracks that will lead you in practicing the profession in a much better way. Additionally, it is the top school for pharmacy which says it all, can't go wrong in choosing UCSF.

Best of luck,
-Prosp PharmD

He made a new account because he's on the UCSD waitlist and wants you to turn down your UCSD offer ;) Thus his first and only post.

Juuuuuuuuust kidding :laugh: (or am I? haha)

I'm sure you will be fine either way if you enjoy both schools and their respective cities. SF is completely different from La Jolla.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, first congrats on your acceptances to two awesome schools. I wish I was in your shoes heh.

I honestly don't think you can go wrong either way, but since UCSF has been around so long with such awesome reputation, I personally would lean in that direction. UCSD is a very new program and has been until recently understaffed in its pharmacy staff. I actually go to UCSD for undergrad and I absolutely love it here, but again I personally would lean towards attending UCSF.

Ah, and I'm also waitlisted for UCSD so help a brother out ^^