UCSF Waiting List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mean Bean

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody else on this damn thing? So what are the chances of getting in? A statement reads that a range of 3-40 people have gotten in off the waiting list in past years. Does anyone know the average or median number of people to be accepted off the waiting list? Or, does anyone have stats on number of offers given versus the number of matriculating students?

Members don't see this ad.

I was #17 on the waitlist last year. I ended up deciding to go to UOP, but during my 3rd week there, they called me and offered me a spot. This was the Thursday before classes began on the following Monday! I think the last update that I had received put me at #4 on the waitlist. UCSF actually only accepted two people from the waitlist last year - me and someone who was at USC. I will spare you all of the details - I'm sure you can search this forum and find my sob story(ies) from last year. So...it's possible, but it just depends upon how long you're willing to wait. Since I knew that I was going to be in Stockton (not too far from SF), I decided to leave my name on the waitlist. Once classes at UOP started, I had forgotten about UCSF (I thought they started at the same time) and didn't expect to get in. So here I am now at UCSF.
...jason lives happily ever after (well, sorta):)

Just wanted to let you know that I am also on the waitlist. Although within the range that they have accepted historically, I don't believe my number is too favorable. Of course, I would be ready even if they called me the day before classes since I have no where else to go.

Shal,

I'm in the same boat as you. I've got no other option besides UCSF. If they give me the tap, I've got to go. Also, I'm not is a historically favored waiting list position. I am not too optimistic about my chances, though Jason UCSD 2000 has given me some hope.