UCSF Waitlisters 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stkyrice

mmm....bacon.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So to keep things separate from the other UCSF Pharm threads, I started this up...and see if anyone else got on the waitlist.

I got my letter finally, and I'm waitlisted! I'm happy that I didn't get rejected, but now I have to wait at least until frickin' July to see if I get in.

Who else got waitlisted? (And no, there's no need to say what rank you are...) Considering how many people are going elsewhere, I hope that there's a good chance for me to get in!

Good luck to us waitlisters!

Members don't see this ad.

Count me in on the waitlist. Maybe this will be one of those years where they allow 48 people off the waitlist like the website said. That would be sweet.

Count me in on the waitlist. Maybe this will be one of those years where they allow 48 people off the waitlist like the website said. That would be sweet.

What? They let 48 people from the waitlist last year????

Oh, never mind...ONE year, they let in 48...*sigh*

Members don't see this ad :)
That wasn't from last year. A current UCSF pharmacy student posted in the other thread before to inform us that ~10 (correct me if I'm wrong, I forgot the exact number) people were pulled off of the waitlist from last year. I think what sanfranalaska meant was (and you can correct me if I'm wrong here, too) that IN THE PAST, they've pulled AS MANY as 48 people (as stated on the UCSF website). They said as few as three and as many as 48.

You can have my seat. You deserve it more than I do!!! :)

It moved 6 last year. And I think I remember hearing that the 6th person heard, like, a week before school in September :oops:

It looks like quite a bit of people are declining their acceptances, so I think the waitlist will move a lot more than it did last year. I think the first batch of people off the waitlist heard in mid-April, and it went until July/August. So no worries, there's still hope!!! Good luck you guys, hope to see you in the fall :D

It looks like quite a bit of people are declining their acceptances, so I think the waitlist will move a lot more than it did last year. I think the first batch of people off the waitlist heard in mid-April, and it went until July/August. So no worries, there's still hope!!! Good luck you guys, hope to see you in the fall :D

Oh I hope so!

I'm just afraid that my nightmare would come true--hearing from UCSF after I've moved to Hawai'i...Doh!

So what's considered first batch, second batch, etc.?

My major problem is that I got into western and Western STARTS August 15th... :( but I was also waitlisted.. but not sure if my position is that good

I got waitlisted too but I got into Touro and they start in early August .:oops: So most likely I will end up going to Touro.

Well at least all of you guys got in somewhere, which is awesome! It sucks being waitlisted for 3 out of the 4 schools where I completed my apps, since I can't make any plans at all until I get that phone call/email that I got in.

I just hope you all were ranked higher than me so I get to move up on the waitlist! *cackle of evil laughter* :laugh:

Hi Senza, I miss SF :( I wish I could transfer back to this warmer happy place, but that would mean starting all over again - which is just, yuck. How's the conclusion of your P1 year going?

I guess I heard wrong about when the last waitlister heard last year...he got the letter in July so disregard what I said earlier about September ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess I heard wrong about when the last waitlister heard last year...he got the letter in July so disregard what I said earlier about September ;)

From the letter I got on Friday, it said not to expect any major movement in the waitlist until at least mid-July, so I'm not sure when things are gonna happen. Hmmm....

Got acceptance letter right now, but planning on going to USN so thats 1 more person. GOOD LUCK GUYS

I'm a waitlister too. Good luck everyone!

Count me in guys,

good luck to all. I sincerely hope that some of you are right about the possiblility of more people off the waitlist getting accepted this year.

P.S. Does anyone know what number on the waitlist the last person to be accepted last year was. I know he was the sixth to be accepted but was he #6 on the waitlist, or like #9 or something?

It moved 6 last year. And I think I remember hearing that the 6th person heard, like, a week before school in September :oops:

I was accepted from the waitlist 2 days after start of school in September four years ago. I even received an email stating waitlist had been closed but the following day got a call. So anything is possible!

Were you from around the area? Or did you have to move across the country? Pretty intense...

I was accepted from the waitlist 2 days after start of school in September four years ago. I even received an email stating waitlist had been closed but the following day got a call. So anything is possible!

I am from the bay area so everything worked out well.

Wow, more incentive for me to stay here until the last possible minute.

It sucks that there's no real way to predict how the waitlist is going to move from year to year.

Guess we'll all have to wait till mid-May to see how everything goes!

P.S. Does anyone know what number on the waitlist the last person to be accepted last year was. I know he was the sixth to be accepted but was he #6 on the waitlist, or like #9 or something?

He was #6 on the list as far as I know.

I was ninth on the waitlist and accepted officially on june 4th c/o 2010