Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Ucsf!!!! Wtf!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by sluox, Aug 27, 2002.

1. sluox

Physician 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Everybody seems to be receiving a secondary from them... WHAT IS TAKING THEM SO LOOOONG TO EVALUATE MINE????!!!!!

Anybody else's still in eval?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. xaelia

xaelia neenlet
    Physician Faculty 10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Attending Physician
    I mailed them their UC supplemental application ages ago and I have yet to hear back from them. Who knows...I wouldn't panic yet; I'm out of state so I'm not expecting any miracles.

4. dr kevin40

dr kevin40 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

did you check the website w/ regards to ur adm status?

5. sluox

Physician 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    yup...no luck

6. pallhaco doce

pallhaco doce Member
    7+ Year Member

Make sure you check the UCSF application status page (https://www.som.ucsf.edu/APPSTATUS/LOGIN.ASP). I received a secondary app but they never bothered to let me know it was up. Fortunately, I have been compulsively watching the site as of late.

Good luck,
    PD

7. MedApp2003

MedApp2003 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey! Don't give up hope. I totally thought that I was going to get rejected. My transmission dates were 7/26 and 7/28 (the earliest they could possibly be) and I just saw TODAY on the web site that I had been selected (and I had been checking every day). So they definitely are reviewing them in a random manner.

Good luck.

8. bruinmojo

bruinmojo Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

don't worry i say. I haven't heard scrap from them yet either, and I sent my application out to them like a month ago i think.

9. souljah1

souljah1 Attending
    10+ Year Member

Y'all need to relax. It is way too early in the game to start thinking schools are rejecting you. The UC system is notorious for moving slow. Just b/c someone got a secondary and you didn't does not mean that you will be rejected. Stop putting that sort of negative energy out there. Stay patient and positive. It is August for chronic's sake....the adcom office is still partially occuppied with the class of 2006. I think the ball will really start rolling in mid-September. I had to wait until November to get a secondary from them, but in the end it was all good. Breathe.

10. Vader

Vader Dark Lord of the Sith
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I agree with souljah1. It is too early to start worrying... UCSF secondaries are sent out on a rolling basis. I didn't receive mine until mid September but things turned out fine for me. It's difficult not to let the admissions game get to you, but patience is really your best ally. And this is coming from someone who has turned to the Dark Side... :D