Ucsf

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Epimd04

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
FYI: For those contemplating whether to write thank you notes to UCSF, read on.

I asked Dr. Rosen what else can be done to improve the probability of matching at one of my top choices and he answered:

"Personally, I ingnore the thank-you notes, but I suppose you should do them anyway. I'm quite tired of the meaningless formalities that accompany the process these days. In any case, I'm not sure that there's much you can do at this point. Perhaps, and this costs time and money, if you were very serious about one place, arranging to visit a second time would be beneficial to confirm your interest for yourself and serve to demonstrate how serious you were to the program."

Good luck at matching to UCSF :)

Members don't see this ad.

You can count on Dr. Rosen saying how it is. You got to love the guy...

Originally posted by Epimd04
FYI: For those contemplating whether to write thank you notes to UCSF, read on.

I asked Dr. Rosen what else can be done to improve the probability of matching at one of my top choices and he answered:

"Personally, I ingnore the thank-you notes, but I suppose you should do them anyway. I'm quite tired of the meaningless formalities that accompany the process these days. In any case, I'm not sure that there's much you can do at this point. Perhaps, and this costs time and money, if you were very serious about one place, arranging to visit a second time would be beneficial to confirm your interest for yourself and serve to demonstrate how serious you were to the program."

Good luck at matching to UCSF :)

Whoops, I sent him a thank you note. Oh well. First, no fed-ex from MGH, now this...I guess to quote William Hung:
"I already gave my best. I have no regrets."

Thyroid Ablation