UCSF

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Logan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you that have gotten secondaries or rejections from UCSF, how long was it after you submitted your UC application? Does either come by email? I'm an out of state student and I was curious because I haven't got either yet, but that could be because I took the August MCAT (although Stanford seems to have gotten my scores, so I figure they would have). Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I just got a rejection yesterday. It said "My application was not reviewed favorably". OUCH!!!

After crying for some time in the corner I wandered into a dark closet, shut the door, and drank myself into a stupor. That always cheers me up when I get bad news!

Just kidding of course......let's hope your letter is an interview request!

Oh....btw....I sent in the UC app. on 9/7.

Hey Logan,

I'm also an August MCATer, sent in the UC app 8/29 and got the secondary by snail mail on 10/6.

I thought maybe they might have gotten my scores early, but when I called the adoffice they said they did a "projected MCAT score" based on your undergrad institution and GPA, and sent out secondaries based on that. However, I'm in-state and I don't know if they do the same thing for out of staters.
Anyways, hope this helps and Good luck!

ps. I don't think Stanford and UCSF being in the same area makes much of a difference in terms of getting scores around the same time. That would be way too logical for anything connected to AMCAS. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the MCAT last August so this reply may or may not be useful to you. I submitted the UC application on 9/10 and received the UCSF secondary on 11/2. You get it by mail.

damn, what a coincidence, I too submitted 9/10, but got a secondary over a month ago. no mcat either

got the UC app 8/20, sent within a week,
got rejection 11/7. Aug 2000 MCAT, FL resident.
UCSF seemed stellar and worthy of its praise, so best of luck to all who do eventually get an interview offer.