UCSF

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Logan, Nov 8, 2001.

1. Logan

Logan Member

For those of you that have gotten secondaries or rejections from UCSF, how long was it after you submitted your UC application? Does either come by email? I'm an out of state student and I was curious because I haven't got either yet, but that could be because I took the August MCAT (although Stanford seems to have gotten my scores, so I figure they would have). Thanks

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Olsen

Olsen Member

I just got a rejection yesterday. It said "My application was not reviewed favorably". OUCH!!!

After crying for some time in the corner I wandered into a dark closet, shut the door, and drank myself into a stupor. That always cheers me up when I get bad news!

Just kidding of course......let's hope your letter is an interview request!

Oh....btw....I sent in the UC app. on 9/7.

4. Weeble

Weeble Senior Member

Hey Logan,

I'm also an August MCATer, sent in the UC app 8/29 and got the secondary by snail mail on 10/6.

I thought maybe they might have gotten my scores early, but when I called the adoffice they said they did a "projected MCAT score" based on your undergrad institution and GPA, and sent out secondaries based on that. However, I'm in-state and I don't know if they do the same thing for out of staters.
    Anyways, hope this helps and Good luck!

ps. I don't think Stanford and UCSF being in the same area makes much of a difference in terms of getting scores around the same time. That would be way too logical for anything connected to AMCAS. ;)

5. Jedi In Training

Jedi In Training Senior Member

I took the MCAT last August so this reply may or may not be useful to you. I submitted the UC application on 9/10 and received the UCSF secondary on 11/2. You get it by mail.

6. lady in red

lady in red Senior Member

damn, what a coincidence, I too submitted 9/10, but got a secondary over a month ago. no mcat either

7. USeF

USeF sunny L.A.

got the UC app 8/20, sent within a week,
    got rejection 11/7. Aug 2000 MCAT, FL resident.
    UCSF seemed stellar and worthy of its praise, so best of luck to all who do eventually get an interview offer.