Ucsf

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amyfubu

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi, i am getting the secondary application from UCSF. i have trouble findng out what makes UCSF so special and competitive. since i have never studied there, can anyone who is from UCSF tell me wat's good about UCSF dental program??? how do i find out more information besides the "advertisement page" on website?

thank you very much

Members don't see this ad.

I don't go to UCSF, but was just there on a tour.

ISO twice a week in the first year and once a week in later years. ISO = independent study option...I think and it is basically a block of 4 hours of free time in the afternoon to do with as you please.

The anatomy lab is totally cool and doesn't smell at all...has a super cool ventilation system that recycles all the air every 5 minutes.

You get to go to school surrounded by people in all the other health professions like medicine, pharmacy, nursing. So you have the opportunity to meet other people besides just the dental students if you are that type of person.

The name value is great. UCSF has a wonderful name value for people who want to specialize...of course you also have to do well in school and on boards.

Lots of top notch cross-discipline research going on, so there are opportunities for people interested in doing research to do it at UCSF, and the school is very well funded to do research.

Some nice student housing nearby and in the Mission bay area which is a 25 minute muni ride away from the school.

Very nice clinics.

Those were my impressions.