Ucsf

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedApp2003

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you think it means we aren't getting a secondary at UCSF if our status page still doesn't say anything about it (but has july 26/28 as received dates)?

Anyone know how they screen for secondaries?

I am a little bummed, since this was my first choice. I didn't really expect to get in as an out-of-stater, but I at least hoped to get a secondary (I have good numbers: 3.9+ GPA from an Ivy and 40+ MCAT).

Do you think I have any hope of a secondary left?

Alas :(

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't necessarily worry quite yet. I don't know how the status page is supposed to work since they didn't have it when I was applying a couple of years ago, but I can tell you that I didn't receive a secondary until September even though I turned in my AMCAS at the end of June. Some people I know got it almost right away and others never did. So I wouldn't worry yet if they have confirmed that your materials have been received.

UCSF does quite a bit of screening before sending out secondaries. There is more to this process than numbers. The admissions committee considers other factors that are on your primary application such as extracurricular activities, leadership roles, research experience, strength of courseload, disadvantaged status, state of residence, and perhaps most importantly the personal statement.

Hope this helps. And good luck in the application process! :D