Ucsf

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ms374

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello

I have an interview scheduled for Nov 17th for UCSF dental school. i wanted to get some feed back about the interview and my chance of getting in and overall about the school.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Even we don't know what our numbers are. We were given several sets of numbers. On the first day, we were told 20.7/3.1. On the white coat, we were told 20AA/20PAT and 3.5. Now that pages says 20/20/3.36. I've asked people at other schools, and there appears to be a drop of 0.9AA for a few of the top schools. This may indicate that dentistry is getting less competitive.

Last edited:
Even we don't know what our numbers are. We were given several sets of numbers. On the first day, we were told 20.7/3.1. On the white coat, we were told 20AA/20PAT and 3.5. Now that pages says 20/20/3.36. I've asked people at other schools, and there appears to be a drop of 0.9AA for a few of the top schools. This may indicate that dentistry is getting less competitive.

How was your interview? how did you feel once you were done interviewing? what kind of questions they asked?

How was your interview? how did you feel once you were done interviewing? what kind of questions they asked?

It's a closed file interview, meaning the interviewer doesn't know anything about you. Whatever they ask you, just be personable. Then your interview score is added to your file score to get a total. So what's your chance of getting in after you get the interview? depends on your file score. If your file's solid, your interview doens't have to be as hot. If your file's just okay, be really personable.

It's a closed file interview, meaning the interviewer doesn't know anything about you. Whatever they ask you, just be personable. Then your interview score is added to your file score to get a total. So what's your chance of getting in after you get the interview? depends on your file score. If your file's solid, your interview doens't have to be as hot. If your file's just okay, be really personable.

Thank you much for your info

You forgot to add that UCSF is a paired interview, with another applicant at your side when your interviewer is asking you questions. I personally found this to be extremely distracting, as the interviewer is going back and forth between you and the other person. It's also very uncomfortable as well, since you are discussing a lot of your personal information with a total stranger listening in nearby. They can do a lot to change this format.

2 interviews. a one-on-one faculty interview, and a 2 student-1 interviewer interview. They seem to have come up with their own interview questions, so it's somewhat of a toss up. They're screening for certain qualities in a student.

2 interviews. a one-on-one faculty interview, and a 2 student-1 interviewer interview. They seem to have come up with their own interview questions, so it's somewhat of a toss up. They're screening for certain qualities in a student.

Thank you for your feed back