UDM from a current student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

interesting

UDM Class of 2014
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Take everything with grain of salt. I am a current student.

Dental school is hard, they are not going to hold your hand and help you study material. Yes we are paying a **** load of money and the teaching quality should be higher. IT IS LIFE. If you've taken statistics in high school you should realize that in a group of 20 people, some will be special, some will be average, and some will be well below.

Is a couple of poor "teaching" professors....may be they are brilliant in other areas, research, clinic etc...

All dental schools are like that.

With that said I highly doubt many schools can compare to the clinical experience at UDM. With the abundance of medically compromised patients and hospital rotations in fourth year. Detroit is a special place for dental school due to the socioeconomic difficulties of the patient population. Granted I am a first year WHAT clinical experience do I have? First year experiences cannot comment on quality of clinical experience.

Personally, the teaching is difficult to understand, BECAUSE ITS dental school it is difficult concepts. However, I find it hard not difficult to find help from your classmates, going to teacher office hours, OR UTILIZING OUR FREE BIOMEDICAL SCIENCE TUTORS.

i say hard because we do not have a lot of time in dental school but you would have no difficulty in asking and receiving help.

to my classmate bashing udm, if you need help seek help, we are here for you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Take everything with grain of salt. I am a current student.

Dental school is hard, they are not going to hold your hand and help you study material. Yes we are paying a **** load of money and the teaching quality should be higher. IT IS LIFE. If you've taken statistics in high school you should realize that in a group of 20 people, some will be special, some will be average, and some will be well below.

Is a couple of poor "teaching" professors....may be they are brilliant in other areas, research, clinic etc...

All dental schools are like that.

With that said I highly doubt many schools can compare to the clinical experience at UDM. With the abundance of medically compromised patients and hospital rotations in fourth year. Detroit is a special place for dental school due to the socioeconomic difficulties of the patient population. Granted I am a first year WHAT clinical experience do I have? First year experiences cannot comment on quality of clinical experience.

Personally, the teaching is difficult to understand, BECAUSE ITS dental school it is difficult concepts. However, I find it hard not difficult to find help from your classmates, going to teacher office hours, OR UTILIZING OUR FREE BIOMEDICAL SCIENCE TUTORS.

i say hard because we do not have a lot of time in dental school but you would have no difficulty in asking and receiving help.

to my classmate bashing udm, if you need help seek help, we are here for you.

Agreed. All dental schools are going to have poor teachers who are extremely intelligent in their research field but have a hard time dumbing it down for students. Just gotta do it to get that DDS