UDM status update

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UnimaasMED

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My status has just changed from "invited for interview" to "check back on Dec 1". Please tell me that is not a negative sign? :(

Members don't see this ad.

As with most schools, I think it's safe to assume this means that a decision, whether accepted, rejected or waitlisted was made.

My status has just changed from "invited for interview" to "check back on Dec 1". Please tell me that is not a negative sign? :(

Dude, I just got the same thing and freaked out. I am really hoping this isn't a rejection...its my number one choice!!! :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else who interviewed at UDM have this status update????

Dude, I just got the same thing and freaked out. I am really hoping this isn't a rejection...its my number one choice!!! :xf:

OMG I am freaking out. But I am thinking they have rejected applicants prior to Dec 1. Why would they wait till december 1 to reject someone?
I wonder if anyone who interviewed there has been rejected yet?

crap

i got the same message and for most schools that means rejection :(

OMG I am freaking out. But I am thinking they have rejected applicants prior to Dec 1. Why would they wait till december 1 to reject someone?
I wonder if anyone who interviewed there has been rejected yet?

Yeah thats what I am wondering. I don't know if you went to the open house and picked up the info folder but here are some stats from last years cycle. At my interview, I talked to several students about the school and application cycle. They heard the school is doing things differently this year in terms of interviewing. I wasn't provided specifics but I don't know if the whole "interview before dec 1 and your pretty much in" is still a solid assumption. I think they may be interviewing more before Dec 1 but none of us will know for sure. Here are some numbers from the last application cycle.

AADSAS Applications mailed to UDM
: 1568
Interviews Scheduled: 276
Interviews Conducted: 213 (thinking ppl dropped post Dec. 1 interviews after receiving an acceptance from their first choice)
Offers of Acceptance or Alternate: 186
Not Accepted: 18
Deposits Received: 127
W/D after deposit: 31
Current confirmed Acceptances entering fall 2011: 96
Alternates confirmed: 14 (remaining after August 30th)

So as you can see a good number were offered an acceptance or alternate spot. I think most of the interviews for alternate spots are after December. I think my interview went well and would honestly be very surprised if they flat out rejected me. The feedback I received prior to my interview as well as during my interview seemed very positive. I am crossing my fingers and praying that I will obtain an acceptance in 2 days. It's out of our hands now so all we can is sit back, worry, lose sleep, go crazy and wait :bang: lol.

crap

i got the same message and for most schools that means rejection :(

I don't think thats necessarily true for UDM. Usually when a school rejects you, they send you an email with your update. So don't stress yet!

Think about it, if it was a rejection the school would just send you a rejection because they don't have to wait until Dec 1 to reject you but they do have to wait untill Dec 1 to accept you. Relax. This probably means you are accepted and they are waiting to tell you because they have to.

Yeah thats what I am wondering. I don't know if you went to the open house and picked up the info folder but here are some stats from last years cycle. At my interview, I talked to several students about the school and application cycle. They heard the school is doing things differently this year in terms of interviewing. I wasn't provided specifics but I don't know if the whole "interview before dec 1 and your pretty much in" is still a solid assumption. I think they may be interviewing more before Dec 1 but none of us will know for sure. Here are some numbers from the last application cycle.

AADSAS Applications mailed to UDM
: 1568
Interviews Scheduled: 276
Interviews Conducted: 213 (thinking ppl dropped post Dec. 1 interviews after receiving an acceptance from their first choice)
Offers of Acceptance or Alternate: 186
Not Accepted: 18
Deposits Received: 127
W/D after deposit: 31
Current confirmed Acceptances entering fall 2011: 96
Alternates confirmed: 14 (remaining after August 30th)

So as you can see a good number were offered an acceptance or alternate spot. I think most of the interviews for alternate spots are after December. I think my interview went well and would honestly be very surprised if they flat out rejected me. The feedback I received prior to my interview as well as during my interview seemed very positive. I am crossing my fingers and praying that I will obtain an acceptance in 2 days. It's out of our hands now so all we can is sit back, worry, lose sleep, go crazy and wait :bang: lol.

Wow that sounds great. I was there at the open house. They told me they will interview 150 people before Dec 1 and 250 total. I thought my interview went really well too. I loved the faculty there. Everybody is so nice. No need to worry. We are theoretically in :D

Think about it, if it was a rejection the school would just send you a rejection because they don't have to wait until Dec 1 to reject you but they do have to wait untill Dec 1 to accept you. Relax. This probably means you are accepted and they are waiting to tell you because they have to.

:smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow that sounds great. I was there at the open house. They told me they will interview 150 people before Dec 1 and 250 total. I thought my interview went really well too. I loved the faculty there. Everybody is so nice. No need to worry. We are theoretically in :D

Well maybe they didnt alter the process too much....Looks pretty similar to last years numbers. You think they will update at 12am???

I got the same thing. Man, we're all driving ourselves crazy trying to interpret these AADSAS updates haha. But really, what's the likelihood that every single one of us is going to get rejected? We just all need to take a deep breath, and wait 34 hours until we find out for sure. Just kidding, I'm going to be nervous the entire time.

mine just changed as well...I don't think it's a bad thing just means that we will most likely here December 1st if we are in or not...loved the school really hoping to attend next year....wheres everyone thinking about living if they get accepted?

mine just changed as well...I don't think it's a bad thing just means that we will most likely here December 1st if we are in or not...loved the school really hoping to attend next year....wheres everyone thinking about living if they get accepted?

would you attend UDM over UoM? I am asking because your profile says dentaluofm?

Prior to applying I thought I would enjoy U of M alot more....but after my interview at U of D I'm 90% convinced its the school for me. The facilities are amazing and their clinic has an awesome patient pool. I just got the feeling when I was there that it was the right fit for me.

Prior to applying I thought I would enjoy U of M alot more....but after my interview at U of D I'm 90% convinced its the school for me. The facilities are amazing and their clinic has an awesome patient pool. I just got the feeling when I was there that it was the right fit for me.

I agree. UDM is a top school that people don't like to attend because of the area.

I agree completely. The sad thing is that you can live 15 minutes away from the school in Royal Oak which is a fine area to live. The only downside of the school is the cost of tuition.

I agree completely. The sad thing is that you can live 15 minutes away from the school in Royal Oak which is a fine area to live. The only downside of the school is the cost of tuition.

Quality has its price. :)

Yeah royal oak is nice...I have quite a few friends that live there. I also know a few people that live downtown and they love it. You just have to watch yourself, always be observant and stay away from the shady areas. I go downtown Detroit for the bars, wings, tigers and lions and its usually pretty hoppin. I think you get some people who don't venture into a big city often and get turned off by the idea of seeing homeless people/vacant houses. UDM is right off the freeway so its very convenient and the school is pretty secure. Security is always around and from the sound of it the building is secure. The last thing you wanna have to worry about is being safe while attending school but if you tour the school and talk to students/faculty you will see its not a big worry. Good luck to all and I hope we all get good news come Dec 1st. :)

I got the same update too, interviewed about 3 weeks ago

same update and there is no way everyone is rejected like others said. I know that my interview went well. Good luck to everyone!!

hey everyone I'm new to sdn. my aadsas for UDM was updated 10/12 "invited for interview" but when I called to schedule, they said the next available interview was Dec 7 (next week). when you all are talking about pre/post dec 1 interviews, are you referring to interview invite date or actual interview date? any advice or inside info on the UDM interview? the sdn interview feedback page doesn't have any feedback from anyone about UDM. thanks in advace!

hey everyone I'm new to sdn. my aadsas for UDM was updated 10/12 "invited for interview" but when I called to schedule, they said the next available interview was Dec 7 (next week). when you all are talking about pre/post dec 1 interviews, are you referring to interview invite date or actual interview date? any advice or inside info on the UDM interview? the sdn interview feedback page doesn't have any feedback from anyone about UDM. thanks in advace!

It refers to the actual interview date. Good luck at your interview!