Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

UDMercy frustration!

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by onamission, Mar 22, 2007.

1. onamission

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Okay, I just received one of their monthly update letters. It was dated March 9th and today is the 22nd. I was expecting it to be a rejection letter so you'd think that I'd be happy, but instead I'm frustrated with them beyond belief! Here's why ...... I responded to their last update (in writing as required) and then asked if they had received my fall 2006 transcripts because that update letter did not list them as one of the received items. I have confirmation that they were sent Dec 19th to the correct address. Now this new update letter STILL does not list my transcripts from the fall, but shows the corrected info from my letter! A logical non-frustrated person would just pay the money and have them sent again, but frankly, if this is how the school runs I'm not sure that I want to be a part of it anymore! They refuse to answer phone messages, won't allow information to be passed along via e-mail and all their snail mail has arrived almost 2 weeks after it was dated (and I live in Chicago, not Siberia!!). Anyone else experience this? They are supposedly extremely student oriented but I'm finding that hard to believe. And how about joining the 21st century regarding communication! +pity+

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. shamrock2006

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Just hang in there...the admissions office i think just sends out their monthly updates to everyone they have on file...no matter what the status. just stay on them. Hell, I was accepted and i STILL get them telling me that they have my transcripts, dat scores, LORs, etc. So they're admissions office might be a little goofy..but other than that the school rocks

4. onamission

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Shamrock,
    Is that where you decided to go? If so why? If not, why? Did they ever not respond to a direct question in writing? Is the update letter they send you accurate? You can PM me if you would rather answer that way.:D

5. shamrock2006

5+ Year Member

Dental Student

Yea that's where i've decided. I chose it b/c it's smaller, easier cost of living, they have nice facilities and will have even nicer ones when they move the school at the start of 08, and it just seemed more personal to me than NYU. Yea the letter is accurate..it's been the same for months now...personally i dont get why they are all about killing trees. I've never had a problem getting a hold of them..whether it be via phone, or email (the only 2 i've used). If you're having troubles, like i said...just keeping calling or emailing...they are getting paid to answer your questions..so take advantage.

6. Mackchops

Mackchops Toothy grin
    10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Sorry to hear that dude... we'll miss you in NYC.

Congrats though and good luck in detroit.