UDub v UTH-MHH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

venusasagirl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
help!
does anyone have opinions for or against either?

Members don't see this ad.

univ of washington & univ of texas houston -memorial herman

i can't pick between them =(

Members don't see this ad :)
univ of washington & univ of texas houston -memorial herman

i can't pick between them =(

I obvisouly did not interview or apply to any of the two... and I'm guessing you already thought about location and that is not an issue or costs of living between both places.

I have heard great things about U Washington. If you want to do gyn onc thay have their fellowship and have one of the spores in ovarian cancer which is amazing.

Cant really say more... sorry

Hey venusasagirl,

Do you remember the call schedule for UT MHh. Did you interview at any other texas schools like utlbj, baylor, parkland? Washingto hospital center?

To answer your question, I liked UT mhh . I was just a little put off that it was mostly private. I like the fast paced environment and uncertainty of a county hospital. Keeps you busy.

I interviewed at UW and loved it. I felt the surgical experience is very strong there and the residents were great. And Seattle rocked.

I didn't apply anywhere in TX but I had friends who did their OB clerkships at Herman and really loved it there - we were there post-katrina...I was at baylor and remember my classmates at UT having nothing but good things to say about their rotation. Granted I didn't like the Texas Medical Center at all bc I found it completely overwhelming, but maybe it was the circumstances. :hungover:

good luck!

thanks!
this has been hard as i feel that washington is a bit better in their surgical experience, but the people in houston are amazing. i know that the same is true vice versa, but my gut is telling me to go with the place where i'll fit in the most. after all, that's what all the residents always say, right?!*
i've certified my list, but hopefully i won't change my mind before tonight!
i'll definitely have a drink in my hand tonight :)