Uermmc ('07)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mumbly_happy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys! i want to start this thread about UERMMC so it could help the incoming students like me get our questions answered, hehe. topics about the academic life, the curriculum, boarding places near ue, books needed, advices for the newbies and more are included in this thread. and so i hope other UE peepz could help us out with our concerns :) i'm so excited to be a med student :) :) :)

Members don't see this ad.

Got in to UERM, too bad I also got in to UST- wish there was a way I could enroll in both- thinking of the benefits I could get for both schools. Will be attending the interview though, am not sure when it is yet. They say it goes alphabetically.

UERM was the first medschool to post my name in their list of applicants for interview and for that I think Im greatful to them- so I guess Im going to attend the interview still. Plus my sister is studying medicine there so- I guess there is reason to be affiliated with it.

Congratulations colleague- hope we meet in a hospital somewhere. What do you plan on taking up as a specialty?

from what UP campus ka? read your post in the curricula in phil med schools thread! :) i also applied to UPmed...nakaabot hanggang interview and then wala na, hehe sayang, but all's still well. got into UERMMC and St. Luke's pero pending case sa StLukes. Titingnan ko pa kung kikilos ako para makapasok ng St.Luke's. basta magiging doctor din tayo!! :) Looks like you're really decided to become a cardiothoracic surgeon...like Dr. Burke? :) Ako i've got a lot of interests, and maybe after second year of med i will be able to really decide what specialty i'll go into...i definitely want to have a specialty!

btw, ur planning to take the MLEs? train abroad?

Members don't see this ad :)
from what UP campus ka? read your post in the curricula in phil med schools thread! :) i also applied to UPmed...nakaabot hanggang interview and then wala na, hehe sayang, but all's still well. got into UERMMC and St. Luke's pero pending case sa StLukes. Titingnan ko pa kung kikilos ako para makapasok ng St.Luke's. basta magiging doctor din tayo!! :) Looks like you're really decided to become a cardiothoracic surgeon...like Dr. Burke? :) Ako i've got a lot of interests, and maybe after second year of med i will be able to really decide what specialty i'll go into...i definitely want to have a specialty!

Uerm is affiliated with hospitals in the US right? And so it's possible for fil-ams to do some of their rotations in those hospitals. I was just wondering if a filipino citizen could do the same on their 4th year in med school.

Got in to UERM, too bad I also got in to UST- wish there was a way I could enroll in both- thinking of the benefits I could get for both schools. Will be attending the interview though, am not sure when it is yet. They say it goes alphabetically.

UERM was the first medschool to post my name in their list of applicants for interview and for that I think Im greatful to them- so I guess Im going to attend the interview still. Plus my sister is studying medicine there so- I guess there is reason to be affiliated with it.

Congratulations colleague- hope we meet in a hospital somewhere. What do you plan on taking up as a specialty?

how did you know?
I searched their website but it's not updated...

Kay hidey_hole- I asked my sister, she said I got in- she's studying med there

Kay mumbly- from Manila Campus ako. Mababa ang NMAT grade ko kaya hindi na ako nakapasok sa UP Med. I thought baka pwede pang mag exam ako sa April pero hindi na raw sila nag aaccept. TSK TSK TSK- sayang. Ikaw? Sang campus ka at anong course mo? BS Nursing ako. Sa UST nakapasok ka ba? Dr. Burke- mas gusto ko sana Dr. McDreamy pero kung di ako pagpapalain sa itsura- sige, Dr. Burke na lang. Mas madali para sa akin ang intindihin ang cardiovascular system kaysa sa nervous system bagamat related sila ng sobrang lapit. Pwede rin ako sa psychiatry... MLEs- perhaps. I still want to practice my nursing, napaibig na ako sa nursing ko eh. Perhaps magpapayaman muna ako sa states as a nurse and at the same time reviewing for the USMLE- then take it and hope to be the next Dr. Burke/ McDreamy. Pwede rin muna akong kumuha ng residency dito sa PIlipinas.

Say, Whose Entering Uerm This Year? Good Luck Guys

Hey everyone,
I'll be a 3rd year student at UERM starting in June. I'll try to answer questions about anything UE to the best of my abilities so ask away.

Just a warning though, my batch is the last one being taught under the problem-based learning (pbl) style. UE switched to a traditional curriculum last year so I can only relay info about the curriculum based on what i heard from the incoming 2nd years.

paramdam naman yung mga papasok sa uerm this coming school year. naghahanap ako ng classmates. hehe. :D

Hi! I graduated from UERM a few years ago and also took my internship there. Goodluck to everyone!

Yes. UERM allows you to take most of your clerkship in the US. It's not exclusive for Fil-Ams, if you're a Filipino citizen with a valid US visa, you can apply too. Most of my Fil-Am batchmates took their rotations in the US, but came back to take up Ophtha/ENT and Community Medicine. I'm not sure how the setup is right now. You can pm DocTan for more info. You can also ask the Registrar's Office or the Dean's Office and your friendly Fil-Am upperclassmen.

You can also read some helpful info from DocTan's replies at this similar thread

huhu.... got the same problem with yours... choosing between ust and ue... got alot of pretty blames after i finally choose uerm... but who cares..so now im enrolled at ue! :laugh: