UF Acceptance Thread C/O 2015!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Albania23

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! This is so exciting! I got the call around 6:30!!!!!

:):):):):):):):):)

Members don't see this ad.

6:00 am! I sounded like a zombie :laugh:

Can't wait for next year!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to you all!! You all should feel very lucky. I would do anything to be in your shoes. I didn't receive the call today and I am not sure why. I am really confused because I thought I had a very strong app. Maybe because I am a white/male. idk..I'm soooooooo confused. Any thoughts. Best of luck to you all!

Congratulations to you all!! You all should feel very lucky. I would do anything to be in your shoes. I didn't receive the call today and I am not sure why. I am really confused because I thought I had a very strong app. Maybe because I am a white/male. idk..I'm soooooooo confused. Any thoughts. Best of luck to you all!

That's weird, but I'm sure that the calls aren't over yet! Keep the faith! I'm a white male too btw, so I dunno. Good luck :luck:

No call for me either, but I'm out of state so if not accepted hopefully wait listed!!!!!

I got a call at 7am!!!! :) So excited! Im definitely going to be a gator :))))

Hello future classmates! I got the call at 7:37 am. Congrats to everyone! :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
I was staring at my phone since 6, then it rang 58 min later!!

Does Florida usually accept a good bit of OOS or do you need insane stats to get in OOS? I'm from Georgia, go to UGA, and Gainesville is only about 3 hours from my hometown. As much as I hate the Gators, it would be a perfect location to go to dental school and I love the campuses of every SEC school I've visited.

Plus, being decked out in my red/black gameday gear in the middle of the UF student section at the WLOCP sounds too fun to pass up. :laugh:

does anyone know how to set up a facebook account for our class so we can meet eachother :)

ugapharm, i'm a second year dental student at UF who went to UGA also. I did not have ridiculous stats at all....they were pretty average. UF probably accepts about 10 OOS students into each incoming class. Good luck to you! Oh and if you end up in Gainesville, don't expect it to be near as awesome as Athens :) GOOOO DAWGS!!!

does anyone know how to set up a facebook account for our class so we can meet eachother :)

Im not sure.. but i think you can just create a group on facebook and name it.. UF college of dentistry class of 2015 and post up the link on student doctor and let the student add themselves

Got a call at 6:00 AM on the dot!!! Was asleep on the phone haha Congrats everyone!!!!

Just sent my request to join group!

Got a call at 6:00 AM on the dot!!! Was asleep on the phone haha Congrats everyone!!!!

Same here! So excited to stay in G-vegas for another 4 years :)

@ugapharm: you should def. apply to UF. Believe it or not I was a Dawg growing up and then went to UF for undergrad. The conversion was hard but possible lol. I'm not going to lie, Athens is pretty sweet tho.

congrats everyone. best school around.
see you next year.

Any other potential Gators out there???

Hi i'm taking the Florida Boards on Oct 29 at UF, I was looking for an assistant for the perio/operative portion of the exam. Pay would be $150 for the day....if you know anyone who would be interested in doing this (must be either D1 or D2) please pass this long! thank you! Go gators!