Status
Dentist
6:00 am! I sounded like a zombie :laugh:

Can't wait for next year!

May 19, 2010
FL
Status
Pre-Dental
Congratulations to you all!! You all should feel very lucky. I would do anything to be in your shoes. I didn't receive the call today and I am not sure why. I am really confused because I thought I had a very strong app. Maybe because I am a white/male. idk..I'm soooooooo confused. Any thoughts. Best of luck to you all!

UFRalo

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 26, 2009
FL
Status
Dentist
Congratulations to you all!! You all should feel very lucky. I would do anything to be in your shoes. I didn't receive the call today and I am not sure why. I am really confused because I thought I had a very strong app. Maybe because I am a white/male. idk..I'm soooooooo confused. Any thoughts. Best of luck to you all!
That's weird, but I'm sure that the calls aren't over yet! Keep the faith! I'm a white male too btw, so I dunno. Good luck :luck:

Jul 14, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
I got a call at 7am!!!! :) So excited! Im definitely going to be a gator :))))

dent4004

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 18, 2008
Gainesville, FL
Status
Pre-Dental
Hello future classmates! I got the call at 7:37 am. Congrats to everyone! :love:

May 10, 2010
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Does Florida usually accept a good bit of OOS or do you need insane stats to get in OOS? I'm from Georgia, go to UGA, and Gainesville is only about 3 hours from my hometown. As much as I hate the Gators, it would be a perfect location to go to dental school and I love the campuses of every SEC school I've visited.

Plus, being decked out in my red/black gameday gear in the middle of the UF student section at the WLOCP sounds too fun to pass up. :laugh:

OP
A
Sep 13, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
does anyone know how to set up a facebook account for our class so we can meet eachother :)

Dec 1, 2010
Status
Dental Student
ugapharm, i'm a second year dental student at UF who went to UGA also. I did not have ridiculous stats at all....they were pretty average. UF probably accepts about 10 OOS students into each incoming class. Good luck to you! Oh and if you end up in Gainesville, don't expect it to be near as awesome as Athens :) GOOOO DAWGS!!!

Jul 14, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
does anyone know how to set up a facebook account for our class so we can meet eachother :)

Im not sure.. but i think you can just create a group on facebook and name it.. UF college of dentistry class of 2015 and post up the link on student doctor and let the student add themselves

rev06

5+ Year Member
May 29, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
Got a call at 6:00 AM on the dot!!! Was asleep on the phone haha Congrats everyone!!!!

UFRalo

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 26, 2009
FL
Status
Dentist
Got a call at 6:00 AM on the dot!!! Was asleep on the phone haha Congrats everyone!!!!

Same here! So excited to stay in G-vegas for another 4 years :)

@ugapharm: you should def. apply to UF. Believe it or not I was a Dawg growing up and then went to UF for undergrad. The conversion was hard but possible lol. I'm not going to lie, Athens is pretty sweet tho.

BioSeven

10+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Any other potential Gators out there???

Sep 8, 2011
Status
Dentist
Hi i'm taking the Florida Boards on Oct 29 at UF, I was looking for an assistant for the perio/operative portion of the exam. Pay would be $150 for the day....if you know anyone who would be interested in doing this (must be either D1 or D2) please pass this long! thank you! Go gators!