UF Admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RSX JDM Integra

DMD, MS
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

To top off, I just wanted to know if I can get into UF Dental school with around a 3.2-3.3 CUM GPA. I need to retake Organic Chem 1 because I got a D+ with an A**hole professor. However, I managed to get into O-Chem 2 and got a B.

Just wondering though, is UF as hard as they say it is to get into? I want to apply to UF and Nova because they are Florida schools and I want to really get into a school that is located in Florida. :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

The thing with UF is that they are very unpredicatable...you never know what their method of choosing is...I say just re-do that orgo class and do the best you can do on your DAT and then hope for the best. I'm from Florida as well and I know I want to stay here to...unfortunately UF is just wack when it comes to their admissions process...lol

Hey everyone,

To top off, I just wanted to know if I can get into UF Dental school with around a 3.2-3.3 CUM GPA. I need to retake Organic Chem 1 because I got a D+ with an A**hole professor. However, I managed to get into O-Chem 2 and got a B.

Just wondering though, is UF as hard as they say it is to get into? I want to apply to UF and Nova because they are Florida schools and I want to really get into a school that is located in Florida. :scared:

if you smoke the interview and know someone, then you are good to go. UF is very competitive because it is the only state school in florida. everyone from florida wants UF b/c it's dirt cheap.

i would worry less about your #'s and try to make some connections at the school (if you're in gainesville).

i'm on UF's waitlist now, and would suprised if i got taken off. my numbers are good, i know people, but my interview sucked. i was a nervous wreck b/c it was my first interview, UF was my top choice, and the interview itself was not warm n fuzzy.

best of luck to you, jb!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
JB did you get in to Maryland??

I grew up in Florida, but I am applying as an out of stater. UF is a great school and I'd love to go there, but when it comes to the admissions process, good luck. I hear their class was primarily female this year and their science GPA went up to like a high 3.6.. Hope for NOVA! :) Ft Lauderdale is better anyway!

I grew up in Florida, but I am applying as an out of stater. UF is a great school and I'd love to go there, but when it comes to the admissions process, good luck. I hear their class was primarily female this year and their science GPA went up to like a high 3.6.. Hope for NOVA! :) Ft Lauderdale is better anyway!

nothing from maryland yet :oops:

i heard there are 50+ females in their class this year of a class of 82!!

jb!:)

Hey everyone,

holla fellow rsxer.:cool:

if you are out of state i don't think you will have a chance at UF. Your numbers have to be very high if you want UF from Out of state. try nova.

Hey everyone,

The thing with UF is that they are very unpredicatable...you never know what their method of choosing is...I say just re-do that orgo class and do the best you can do on your DAT and then hope for the best. I'm from Florida as well and I know I want to stay here to...unfortunately UF is just wack when it comes to their admissions process...lol
definitely. thanks for the input diana. i will do the orgo this summer. i am gonna study real hard for that A this time. yeah i agree their admissions process is unpredictable. i know someone who wanted to get in for undergrads and was denied. she had an IB diploma, stellar SAT score and GPA. then one of my buddies who has an average of 3.5 got into UF. He doesnt even volunteer or get involved either.

im from FL too. HOLLA!
if you smoke the interview and know someone, then you are good to go. UF is very competitive because it is the only state school in florida. everyone from florida wants UF b/c it's dirt cheap.

i would worry less about your #'s and try to make some connections at the school (if you're in gainesville).

i'm on UF's waitlist now, and would suprised if i got taken off. my numbers are good, i know people, but my interview sucked. i was a nervous wreck b/c it was my first interview, UF was my top choice, and the interview itself was not warm n fuzzy.

best of luck to you, jb!:)
thanks for the advice JB. im not from Gainsville though. Im in the Fort Lauderdale area so itll be very hard to get to know anyone on the admissions committee. like you, it is also the top of my list because it is dirt cheap :D good luck to you too!

Fort Lauderdale is the place to be, but not for 35k a year. lol
holla fellow rsxer.:cool:
oh wow! an RSX'er on here? are you from ClubRSX too?!
if you are out of state i don't think you will have a chance at UF. Your numbers have to be very high if you want UF from Out of state. try nova.
i am from in-state. i really want to go into UF dental because it is cheap and a school in FL lol

I think Nova is more like 40k with fees, maybe more. Then RyB is probably going to push it to a easy 60k per year :) Still be nice though.

I had the same problems with UF undergrad admissions. Had a Good stats Tons of EC... Rejected. No fun.

GL to you

UF is the bomb! nice weather accept for the hurricane seasons :eek: