Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

UF Apartments

Discussion in 'Dental' started by Mamona, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Mamona

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I'm looking for a nice 1 br/1bt apartment. I don't know the Gainesville area and it will be very helpful if Dental students can help me with some information. My major concern is the security around the place, I don't really care if it is a little bit far (15 - 20 min drive) from school

Thank you so much

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Jake8

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Not at dental student there but did 4 years undergrad there.

Don't drive to school as the RTS bus system is very comprehensive and reliable, also free to students.

Apartments run the gauntlet and the options are endless. I personally suggest getting together with another dental student and getting a two person place as there will be more options available for reasonable costs.

1br apartments are upwards of $900
    2br apartments are around $600
    3-4br apartments can be had around $500

Safety wise I would stay out of downtown and really check out any place north of university as that area has good and bad parts. South of campus is generally very safe but buses take a while. Southwest of campus is generally alright but again check that area out first some places are just run down while others are amazing (the landings was great for instance). Away from campus the places generally get nicer but the commute becomes significant with the morning and afternoon traffic. While it may not be a major city Archer and University are standstills during rush hour with 2 miles taking upwards of 30 mins. Away from campus the Haile plantation area is where the rich and successful of Gainesville live (Urban Meyer and Billy D live on the same block in there)

Hope this helps

4. Mamona

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Thanks Jake8 this really helps!!!!:)