UF being so difficult

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surfsup

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
We really have to send LORs and official transcripts to them again?

Members don't see this ad.

what do you mean by "again?" they are being somewhat difficult, though; they're not waiving application fees anymore for uf undergrads.

again might have been the incorrect word. My LORs were sent before I received my secondary cause thats what my school does. As for official transcripts, schools usually request them after you accept a place in their class. I mean they do have our grades (and verified by AMCAS) and whatnot in our primary application correct?

Members don't see this ad :)
i didn't see the request for original transcripts or LOR on the secondary. where do they request this information - was it upon receipt of your secondary?

as for the LOR, the following is from their web page:

Q: I am applying this year, can I send in my letters of recommendation before I apply?

A: Letters of recommendation that are submitted before they are requested, via the secondary application, will not be kept. You will need to resubmit them at the time you are completing your secondary application.

i did the same thing - they are being pains in the arse. i got the stupid blue residency form and thought that was the entire secondary, so i had letters sent a while ago, so now i gotta do it again. AND I GO TO UF UNDERGRAD! the amusing thing is that i know they want to try and build up their national reputation as a premiere school... but they their numbers are the same as usf's. if anyone wants to hear a moderately amusing story about this, pm me cuz i'm not putting this in public. let's just say they committed a serious amcas no-no.

did you see that they ask for three pictures and a peer LOR too? speaking of which, is any friend ok to write this letter, or should it be someone who knows your academic strengths, etc.?