UF info?

Started by overtedge
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

overtedge

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really want to go to UF because it is close to my house. I have a 3.4 GPA and I have not got my PCAT scores back yet, but I think I did ok. I have heard that UF is hard to get into, so I have been extremely worried. I was just wondering if any one that has gotten accepted or knows someone that has could give me some info. Also, what kind of PCAT scores have you heard of people getting in with. Did you or your friend have work experience in the field? I stay constantly worried because everyone that I talk to acts like it is almost impossible to get in and I can't afford to go to Nova or some of those Schools that cost a fortune. I would appreciate any info.
 
I really want to go to UF because it is close to my house. I have a 3.4 GPA and I have not got my PCAT scores back yet, but I think I did ok. I have heard that UF is hard to get into, so I have been extremely worried. I was just wondering if any one that has gotten accepted or knows someone that has could give me some info. Also, what kind of PCAT scores have you heard of people getting in with. Did you or your friend have work experience in the field? I stay constantly worried because everyone that I talk to acts like it is almost impossible to get in and I can't afford to go to Nova or some of those Schools that cost a fortune. I would appreciate any info.

I got accepted with an 86 composite. Average score for the class of 2010 was about 85-86. I thought it was impossible to get into after reading these boards, but I got accepted to the Orlando campus without pharmacy experience... although I've taken about 3 pharmacology courses at UCF and got a bachelors in microbiology. Just shadow and pick the brains of as many pharmacists, pharmacy techs or even physicians about their opinions of the field. Get a good sense of what the jobs are like (don't limit yourself to just retail) and what you're getting yourself into and try to convey that confidence in your personal statement. 🙂