UF interview attire??

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by tricia, Apr 9, 2007.

1. tricia

tricia Member
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    "women should wear blouses and slacks/skirts or dresses" is what it says in the interview letter.

those of you who already interviewed, what did you (and others there) wear? is a suit too much?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ladiejay187

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Suits are definitely a good idea- I wore one and so did everyone else but a few people!

4. ethyl

ethyl Go suck on a Zoloft.
    Pharmacist 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Dress to impress. ;)

ladiejay... will you be going to the Q&A session on may 4th?

5. PharmDJH

PharmDJH Member
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Q&A session may 4th where is that at orlando campus? how did you hear about it?

6. ladiejay187

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I think so-- I have a final on the 4th until 7:30pm, but I am going to try to make it down there

Are you going? I'm sure what questions I really have- but I'm sure it'll be beneficial!! Ha! Have you decided where you are living yet? I am moving in with 2 other female 1PD's in Ocoee!

You can find if by going to the Orlando Campus' webiste and clicking on Incoming Student Information

Here's a link to the main page:

http://mrec.ifas.ufl.edu/cop/

7. ubiquitin

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I also need some opinions. do you think the short-sleeved shirt will look unprofessional? the color is navy, and looks sort of like a short-sleeved suit. thank you:)

8. gatorboy

Pre-Pharmacy
    umm, ubiquitn are u a guy or a girl? i would say that if your a guy short-sleeved shirts look very unprofessional these days. It looks like your dad gave you one of his dress shirts that he wore in the 70's. Unless your wearing a suit and there is no way anyone can tell that you are wearing a short sleeved then it is ok I guess.
    If you are a girl. Then I guess it would be ok, but please dont take my opinion as I dont know anything about how girls are supposed to dress.

9. ethyl

Pharmacist
    Ahh.. the Q&A will be at 1-3PM. If you miss that one, there's another one on 7/20. I'm a 1PD in Orlando right now and I just volunteered to be on the student panel for the 5/4 date. I remember going to the Q&A last year before I was admitted and it really helped me know what to expect and get some inside info on professors... it also let me know which textbooks to buy and ignore. :thumbup:

10. chemmy

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I don’t think a suit is too dressy or too much. I wore a grey suit and almost every other person at the interview on March 9th wore a black suit.

11. ladiejay187

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Yeah I will hopefully be able to make it to the one in May. Thats cool! Well I will probably see you there then! Where do u buy your textbooks? the bookstore at UF in Gainesville?

12. ethyl

Pharmacist
    I always use half.com ... great thing is you mostly rely off of all of the professors' powerpoints instead of the books, so textbook expenses shouldn't be that bad for your next year. :)

13. ubiquitin

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Hi, gatorboy, i thought this thread is talking about woman's attire, but really thank you for your opinions, it's good to know:)

14. ubiquitin

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Hi, gatorboy, just saw another post by you and congrats on your interview, i will be there also next Friday.