UF interview questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hyacinthjjang

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have an interview on April 18 on Gainesville campus. Anybody who was already interviewed there remember what they asked at the interview?
I feel a little nervous and don't know what to do...Help me....

Members don't see this ad.

They make you sign a form stating that you will not disclose any information about the interview prior to the start of the interview.

I had mine on the 7th of March. I bombed it with authority. They asked me to reinterview on the 18th. So the only solace I can give you is that second chances are possible.

Members don't see this ad :)
They make you sign a form stating that you will not disclose any information about the interview prior to the start of the interview.

I had mine on the 7th of March. I bombed it with authority. They asked me to reinterview on the 18th. So the only solace I can give you is that second chances are possible.

What do you mean by bombed? Answered a question with "uh, uh, well, like, i dont know, see, um...etc" or puked on the interviewer or...what happened?

I felt like I didn't do as well as I would like but I was accepted nonetheless. My advice is to be confident and be yourself. Don't answer the questions right away they will let you have time to think about it. Also don't be afraid to skip questions you cannot answer. I skipped one or two and it did not have any negative affect on me. Good luck!

What do you mean by bombed? Answered a question with "uh, uh, well, like, i dont know, see, um...etc" or puked on the interviewer or...what happened?

Mostly told them the biggest mistake I ever made in my life.

I know you can't give specific answer, but how did the interview compare to other interviews at other schools. I've had 2 interviews, and another tomorrow before my UF one next Friday (the 18th).

but since the interview is "10-15 minutes," I was wondering if it is going to be a very odd and unusual little bit, or jsut a normal, but short interview.

I am kinda nervous for next week too...Hope you guys all do well and see you guys there...

+1 what styler said

one of the main things is DO NOT FIDGET!!! in any interview, you do not want to look from place to place or put your hands to your face.

tell yourself it's your job to count the interviewer's blinks. that way you will keep enough eye contact to seem like a genuine, nice person

just be the best person you can be even if if feels like your answer is not great, and it will go over well.

Looks like I just need to do my best. Since this is the only school I applied I feel more nervous as the interview date approaches. Good luck everybody. Hope I can meet you guys at the school someday.

has anyone who is interviewing at the gainesville campus on the 18th recieved any further information from uf as to the directions of the interview or anything?

has anyone who is interviewing at the gainesville campus on the 18th recieved any further information from uf as to the directions of the interview or anything?

The e-mail came out 3-4 days in advance the last time so expect something in your inbox Monday or Tuesday. The pharmacy building is next door to shands (the big hospital) on central drive so it should be no trouble to find. Parking for a small fee can be accomplished in the garage across the street on the rooftop level.

Do we get email of acceptance or like post mail???

or both lol

Post mail, it took 6 days for mine to arrive.

I am waitlisted at UF :(
Is there any hope of me gettin in it now?

I am waitlisted at UF :(
Is there any hope of me gettin in it now?

I think you still have a chance... I've heard of a few waitlisted students who've gotten in...

The last interview for UF is actually today. It's a back-up interview for people like me who couldn't make it to the other dates. So you'll definitely find out within the next two weeks or so..