1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

UF interview

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ricely, Apr 3, 2002.

1. ricely

ricely Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I have an interview with UF. Any feedback from you guys? What did they ask you?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. CANES2006

CANES2006 Miami chica
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't UF stop interviewing on March 15??

Cane

4. THE instiGATOR

THE instiGATOR Cow Tipper
    7+ Year Member

Hey, gatorgirl. Congrats on you Junior Honors interview. I'm assuming that's what you are talking about, considering UF stopped interviewing a while ago. I don't know that we old fogies can be of much assistance. I think they are going to ask you totally different questions. I'd imagine you need to know how to answer this:

"Why the rush? Wouldn't you benefit from an extra year of undergrad?"

or maybe this:

"Do you think you are mature enough to handle the medical curriculum at such a young age?".

I interviewed with UF last year. They were pretty laid back. Don't expect a stress interview (I highly doubt you'll get one).

Good luck!

DOWN WITH UF!!! Sorry, had to add that. :D

5. THE instiGATOR

THE instiGATOR Cow Tipper
    7+ Year Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Scooby's Bitch:
    <strong>Screw Junior Honors. If your ass is smart enough to get in there, then you're smart enough to go somewhere better than UF for med school. 1 year ain't a big deal!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree, but ya never know. I was qualified to apply for Junior Honors...until Biorganic Chem. If you have a bump in the road...

Just think of this:

Avg GPA:
    Harvard - 3.8
    UF - 3.72

One $hitty grade in a 4 credit class can do a nice job of keeping you out of extremely competitive programs.

Also...no MCAT required! :D That's a HUGE plus.

DOWN WITH UF!!!

6. Good Lord Papa Smurf, why the Hell did you change your name to that?