UF Interview?!?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCF FINatic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!!!

I just got an interview to my dream school University of Florida and was wondering if anyone could give me pointers regarding their interview process (what they look for, questions they ask, open or closed folder, etc.).

Also I was wondering if anyone knows how post Dec. 1st interviews work... If they like me will they offer me a position right on the spot?

Thanks so much guys I couldn't do it without you! :love:

Members don't see this ad.

Hiya,

Of all the interviews that I had, my one at UF was definitely the coldest. Chances are you'll either interviewer first thing in the morning, or in the afternoon some time after lunch. I remember it being open file, and its 3-on-1. Can last anywhere between 20 to 45 mins, though mine seemed to last only 15....so if your's doesn't seem to last as long as others, don't worry! The length of the interview isn't really an indication of anything.

Having said that, the questions were pretty standard and the interviewers, at least mine, were pretty stand offish, not making much eye contact at all and scribbling down a lot of notes. Everyone's extremely nice, just the interview was the least conversational of the ones I had.

As far as acceptance timeline, I can't help you there.

GL!

Hey guys!!!

I just got an interview to my dream school University of Florida and was wondering if anyone could give me pointers regarding their interview process (what they look for, questions they ask, open or closed folder, etc.).

Also I was wondering if anyone knows how post Dec. 1st interviews work... If they like me will they offer me a position right on the spot?

Thanks so much guys I couldn't do it without you! :love:

When is your interview? I have one at UF tomorrow

Members don't see this ad :)
haha mine is tomorrow too! I guess I'll see you there :)

Good luck!!

haha mine is tomorrow too! I guess I'll see you there :)

Good luck!!

You just got an interview invite and its tomorrow?! That seems really quick ya?

Good luck

They are notorious for asking the same question again and again.. and im not sure, but they might be audio recording the interview

Yea, it was a quick turnabout, but I am not complaining lol

Yea, it was a quick turnabout, but I am not complaining lol

Gosh i hope it wasn't a...if you didnt get called today you arnt getting an interview thing...im still waiting for my phone call! lol

Gosh i hope it wasn't a...if you didnt get called today you arnt getting an interview thing...im still waiting for my phone call! lol

You should be fine, I have heard they interview until April :thumbup:

They are notorious for asking the same question again and again.. and im not sure, but they might be audio recording the interview

This was definitely not true for my interview

For those of you with January interviews at UF - when did you guys submit your supplemental application? I'm just curious because I submitted my supplemental reaaalllly late and my interview is next week. I've heard from some people that UF sends out interview requests to almost all in-state applicants who complete the supplemental app, so I'm wondering if there's any truth to that...

So with my OOS interview... I have what, like a 16% chance of acceptance?

For those of you with January interviews at UF - when did you guys submit your supplemental application? I'm just curious because I submitted my supplemental reaaalllly late and my interview is next week. I've heard from some people that UF sends out interview requests to almost all in-state applicants who complete the supplemental app, so I'm wondering if there's any truth to that...

I did mine a while ago... I think in either November or October, but I think late/early all is relative. Say I turned it in "early" but they filled up all their pre-December interviews then I probably wouldn't have gotten an interview until January (just my logic).

I looked up a lot of stats, but from what I remember off the top of my head last year there were about 592 (somewhere in the high 500's at least) Florida applicants and I believe they interviewed around 297 (high 200's). So that would be roughly half of the Florida residents got interviews.

Today they mentioned they have received about 1,500 applications and plan on interviewing around 360 applicants (not sure if this number is specifically Florida residents or all applicants) for 83 seats.

Best of Luck everyone! :thumbup::xf:

Mid Nov

I was looking through some old UF threads and read the second round of decision notifications are made on Feb 1. Can anyone confirm or deny?

I had an interview there a few weeks ago. We were told we would hear "sometime in Feb or March" - I don't recall any specific dates mentioned

I was looking through some old UF threads and read the second round of decision notifications are made on Feb 1. Can anyone confirm or deny?

In my interview last week they said the board would meet with the dean in the first or second week of February, depending on the deans schedule and that you should definitely hear by feb 15.

In my interview last week they said the board would meet with the dean in the first or second week of February, depending on the deans schedule and that you should definitely hear by feb 15.

Is it possible to get accepted in the next wave if you were waitlisted??