• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

curiousro

10+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
hey, just checking on those that have/had interviews with UF or already got accepted? if you had the interview how was it? did they say when you find out if you got in? I have an interview in March. Thanks! :D

gators14

10+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Actually I do not think anyone can help you. You guies have the first batch of interviews. They have two set dates for interviews. March and April. They hav interviews in June for people on waitlist. Can you guies please share ur stats for whom an interview was granted to from UF? Thax

About the Ads

curiousro

10+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
yeah, i know uf's interviewee's this year are the first batch (which kind of bites, but it has to be done). on the pharm school website it said there were interview dates in january so im just checkin.

gpa: 3.46 overall
pcat:88th percentile
shands pharm tech for a semester
buncha clubs and extracurriculars

gators14

10+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
oh yeha...i thought i checked the school website and it said march april were the interview dates...there were some december interview dates but i think only 6 or 7 interviewed then.....yeha this is my first choice school...i applied late Jan 31....3.64 science GPA.....PCAT first try was a 61 retook in Jan....hoping for better scores.....

ubiquitin

10+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I also submitted very late, Jan 31st.

I don't have pharm-related experience. but i really like biology and particularly medical field. right now doing job shadow and hospital pharmacy volunteer.

GPA: 3.6
PCAT: 95% but with a very bad writing score:(
a lot research experience and teaching assistant

good luck to all of us:)

jmkraus

10+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I have an interview at the gville campus on mar 9.
-gpa 3.7
-pcat 89
-pharmacy experience at walgreens and had the pharmacy manager write one of the recommendations.
-active member of pre pharm society at UF and member of nscs and gk.
-volunteer with ACS road to recovery program.

does anyone know if we have to write an essay at the interview? good luck to everyone.

gators14

10+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
If ou look under pharmcas on school pages for UF....it says they will ask you for an essay

fsupharmguy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I interviewed Dec 1 and was accepted to the Gainesville campus about 2 weeks later. If you go to the interview feedback forum, then I listed the questions they asked. The actual interview was 10 minutes and they were mostly based on variations of how you deal with conflict and difficult situations. There was no essay. It was pretty relaxed, so don't worry too much.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.