UF interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cemented

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an interview invite at the University of Florida. I have a question.
If i interview at Gainsville, is that the campus I will enter should I get in. Or could they transfer me to a different campus?
Any information would be appreciated.
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

With the exception of the interview on January 16th, the campus you interview at is the campus you are assigned to. Campus changes are granted to those with 'compelling' circumstances, such as chronic illness, marriage, or any other reason that mandates you be in a different area.

There's little chance I'm getting out of Jacksonville. I'm not too worried though, and it won't affect my decision to enroll at UF.

Congrats cemented. You have another hard decision UF-Gainesville or UNC, which are you leaning towards?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats cemented. You have another hard decision UF-Gainesville or UNC, which are you leaning towards?

Good Question, I will let you know when or if I face that choice?
UF is a good school and is alot cheaper, but I LOVED UNC Chapel Hill, I mean loved. So it will be a hard decision. Mercer was great also so I am going to have to thing about it all.

Good Question, I will let you know when or if I face that choice?
UF is a good school and is alot cheaper, but I LOVED UNC Chapel Hill, I mean loved. So it will be a hard decision. Mercer was great also so I am going to have to thing about it all.

Yeah, I interviewed at UNC last week and was thoroughly impressed. I do still have a love for Mercer, and have yet to hear from UF. Good luck!

antimony, are you still a student at UCF or have you graduated already? perhaps we have or have had a class together.

With the exception of the interview on January 16th, the campus you interview at is the campus you are assigned to. Campus changes are granted to those with 'compelling' circumstances, such as chronic illness, marriage, or any other reason that mandates you be in a different area.

There's little chance I'm getting out of Jacksonville. I'm not too worried though, and it won't affect my decision to enroll at UF.

what was your interview experience like?? just curious what kinds of questions they asked you.

Wow it's so exciting to see you get your interview! I'm in my second semester of pre-reqs (a baby I know lol) and I have a quick question. So would you agree that those who apply early (when is "early" considered btw?) and get the January interview, are a shoo-in for the Gainesville campus? I live about an hour away from the St. Pete campus, but I'd really really like to go up to Gainesville :/ Thanks, and congrats again! :p

antimony, are you still a student at UCF or have you graduated already? perhaps we have or have had a class together.

Graduated.

Last edited:
Wow it's so exciting to see you get your interview! I'm in my second semester of pre-reqs (a baby I know lol) and I have a quick question. So would you agree that those who apply early (when is "early" considered btw?) and get the January interview, are a shoo-in for the Gainesville campus? I live about an hour away from the St. Pete campus, but I'd really really like to go up to Gainesville :/ Thanks, and congrats again! :p

Part of the supplemental application is this "Campus Ranking Form" that you fill out listing the order of your campus preference, stating your reasons for the 1st and 2nd choice. For the most part, the main campus has the most applicants and generally filled pretty quickly while the satellite campuses have been delegated to those with specific reasons, and wait-listed folks. I'm not a pharmacy student or admissions staff at UF so I'm only basing this upon what others have told me, from both the Gainesville and satellite campuses.

Part of the supplemental application is this "Campus Ranking Form" that you fill out listing the order of your campus preference, stating your reasons for the 1st and 2nd choice. For the most part, the main campus has the most applicants and generally filled pretty quickly while the satellite campuses have been delegated to those with specific reasons, and wait-listed folks. I'm not a pharmacy student or admissions staff at UF so I'm only basing this upon what others have told me, from both the Gainesville and satellite campuses.

I was interviewed January 16th at the Gainesville campus but was assigned Jacksonville (I applied September). This is the only interview date that is like that. In future sessions, the campus where you interview is the campus you are assigned.

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to say anything about how campuses are assigned, because part of the interview process requires you to sign a NDA that forbids such discussion. Needless to say though, the Gainesville campus is not filled first, nor does applying early guarantee you a spot in Gainesville.

I was interviewed January 16th at the Gainesville campus but was assigned Jacksonville (I applied September). This is the only interview date that is like that. In future sessions, the campus where you interview is the campus you are assigned.

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to say anything about how campuses are assigned, because part of the interview process requires you to sign a NDA that forbids such discussion. Needless to say though, the Gainesville campus is not filled first, nor does applying early guarantee you a spot in Gainesville.

Thanks so much for responding fhx06 and ufdlim.

ufdlim I understand if you can't say anything, thanks for the info you gave :) I've also found that there's definitely a chance you won't get into your first choice campus, especially if there isn't a "compelling" reason. What's that about? Is that a no-no topic? =o don't answer it if it is, lol. thanks :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks so much for responding fhx06 and ufdlim.

ufdlim I understand if you can't say anything, thanks for the info you gave :) I've also found that there's definitely a chance you won't get into your first choice campus, especially if there isn't a "compelling" reason. What's that about? Is that a no-no topic? =o don't answer it if it is, lol. thanks :oops:

I think you're confusing campus assignment and switching campuses. You do not need a compelling reason to be assigned your first choice campus (though it certainly helps!). You DO need a compelling reason to switch campuses after you are assigned (regardless if it was your first choice or not). As far as I know, there are few who are able to switch, so pretty much what you get is what you're living with.

Look like I am going to be stuck with Jacksonville, even though I picked Gainesville as first choice. But other than my friends, I have no good reason why I cannot move. I am not too concerned though, as people I have talked to enjoy Jacksonville. So I guess the moral of the story is, do your research on your 2nd choice, as you may very well get it! lol

ufdlim: The exams are held at a campus downtown (I think) and there are group meetings but everything else seems to be online. Jacksonville is a pretty nice place but some parts of town are rather... shady. Truth be told, that's similar to Gainesville so make sure you choose your housing wisely. :p

One of our professors [also on the AdComm] said that as of today they've accepted 100 students and are working hard on the packets of everyone else right now. By the time they send the 2nd round of interview letters - april or may - that's when they've got it down to 350 or so.

The interview is nothing to worry about or prepare for. Just be honest and positive. If you're TOO positive, it might look phony. If you're honest to a fault, it can be embarrassing. If you get stuck on one question, no big deal, they will ask something else - they are friendly.

Most people get their campus preference. The exceptions are however many more than 135 people ask for GV. Some years 150 ask, some years 185 ask. So the accepted GV-asking students #136 through 185 to their 2nd choice. St. Pete is almost all people who ask to be here. Orlando gets some displaced from GV, Jax gets even more of those displaced. 300-305 get accepted with no regard at all to what they wrote on their campus ranking sheet. You're a Gator, then they decide what city. Good luck everyone.

If you've already been accepted but got your 2nd choice, most likely means you were early [which they like] but with numbers that historically - out of 300 accepted - will place you where they placed you. If that makes sense.

Last edited:
has anyone every any other packet (that says exactly where on campus it is, etc.) besides their invitation letter for the march 6th interview?

did anyone who completed their application right before the Feb 1 deadline get an acceptance? what are everyone's GPA's and pcat scores who have received interviews/acceptances? thanks =)

has anyone every any other packet (that says exactly where on campus it is, etc.) besides their invitation letter for the march 6th interview?

That's a good question, I was also wondering the same thing, my interview is March 13th at Orlando Campus, and I haven't received any information yet about directions/time/etc. I emailed Penny today just to check... I have the feeling we are just being impatient, it's only been like 12 days... has anyone been contacted?

That's a good question, I was also wondering the same thing, my interview is March 13th at Orlando Campus, and I haven't received any information yet about directions/time/etc. I emailed Penny today just to check... I have the feeling we are just being impatient, it's only been like 12 days... has anyone been contacted?

I am in the same boat, I called them to confirm that they got my letter saying that I intended to come. They did, I guess we should hear something soon. Fingers crossed

NOVA never contacted me. I called them the friday before my interview to figure out where I was going.

I think you guys should just wait it out. Relaaaaaaaax. ;)

Thank you. I thought I was the only one who did not receive anything....I was beginning to think that maybe my letter was sent out by mistake :D.
Is anyone interviewing in Gainesville? Because I'll be interviewing there and I was wondering how many students are going to be there on the 6th & how many of those students will get letters of acceptances after the interview.

is it true that interviews at UF typically last only 10 minutes?

did anyone who completed their application right before the Feb 1 deadline get an acceptance? what are everyone's GPA's and pcat scores who have received interviews/acceptances? thanks =)

Yeah I had a friend get in who completed hers like 10 minutes before the deadline GPA 3.2 (give or take .1) 75 PCAT, great extracurricular (research, AED, Pre-pharm society). She's a second year now. It has happened, but I wouldnt recommend it.

I got an email today that just told me what time my interview is, and that I should plan on being on campus 9am-11am (shorter than I thought...). Does anyone know if that is all the contact/info we will receive before the interview?

I got an email today that just told me what time my interview is, and that I should plan on being on campus 9am-11am (shorter than I thought...). Does anyone know if that is all the contact/info we will receive before the interview?

I also received an email with the time and place today, woohoo!

Haha Cemented..."UPITT - too cold" I completely agree. I didn't apply anywhere north of VA. :p

Has anyone that received an interview at the Gainesville campus received an e-mail about time/directions yet?

no i, too, have not received any other letters or emails from them besides my invitation letter.

I got an interview for March 6th! Gainesville (main) Campus of course.

Last edited:
:scared: I can't sit still. Waiting to receive an e-mail about dates/times of my interview and things is nerve-wracking. I simply justify my impatience with my excitement.

:scared: I can't sit still. Waiting to receive an e-mail about dates/times of my interview and things is nerve-wracking. I simply justify my impatience with my excitement.

Shouldn't be too much longer.

was the interview invite via email or mail?

i think it always comes by regular mail. i haven't heard yet of anyone getting an interview invite over email. don't worry though- plenty of time left!! :)

wow antimony- you have a pretty impressive spectrum of schools to choose from...i will be interested to see which one you end up going to!! congrats on doing so well in the application process!!

i think it always comes by regular mail. i haven't heard yet of anyone getting an interview invite over email. don't worry though- plenty of time left!! :)

Thanks emmiepharmd! I was just wondering. So far all the school i have applied to have given email invites, and I was unsure whether UF followed this protocol or not.