Uf Med ADm Sucks ASS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HuGeSLuT

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who are they kidding......this process is ridiculous. Do you all know last year they were dumped by so many of their candidates that they had to use the entire waitlist and accept 3 students who were rejected. I'm finally on the waitlist. I interviewed in NOV got on hold immediately, and never heard from them again until 2 days ago. This university is bull****!! I deserve to be in by now. Does anyone feel the same?

Members don't see this ad.

you were waitlisted... stop b*tching...

At least you heard from the school. I haven't heard from most of the schools that waitlisted me after they sent the letter. Be happy you are not rejected and still have a chance.

Being "on hold" is just like being on a waitlist anyway... they just made it offical.

HuGeSLuT said:
I deserve to be in by now.

Remind me again, but why is this? The one thing you should have learned about the medical school admissions process: No one DESERVES anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ahem, troll.

HuGeSLuT said:
Who are they kidding......this process is ridiculous. Do you all know last year they were dumped by so many of their candidates that they had to use the entire waitlist and accept 3 students who were rejected. I'm finally on the waitlist. I interviewed in NOV got on hold immediately, and never heard from them again until 2 days ago. This university is bull****!! I deserve to be in by now. Does anyone feel the same?

Would you deserving to be accepted have anything to do with your SDN name?

As the admissions people do know of this site and check it very often, (after all its their career), I hope they don't find out who you are :)

hypersting said:
As the admissions people do know of this site and check it very often, (after all its their career), I hope they don't find out who you are :)

Come on, how many slutty ho-bags could there be at UF? Oh, wait! I think you're safe... :laugh:

TOTALLY kidding... :laugh:

Let me just say that wonders may never cease.

Yes, waitlists suck. However, it must suck quite a bit working in an admissions office having to talk to psycho premeds like us all day long.

Try their shoes on for a moment.

DrJ2B said:
Would you deserving to be accepted have anything to do with your SDN name?
:laugh::laugh:

congrats on the pitt again drj.

jlee9531 said:
:laugh::laugh:

congrats on the pitt again drj.

Thanks man! Good luck with UCLA. :luck: Keep me posted! :)

Spitting Camel said:
Come on, how many slutty ho-bags could there be at UF? Oh, wait! I think you're safe... :laugh:

::hungover:ies laughing::

UF love, my friend. ;)

I'm sooo glad USF's admissions team is so much nicer and upfront with you! Mr. Larkin at USF has made my life so much easier :D

UF's team is very friendly. If you want to call in and find out what's going on with your application, they're very helpful even if they can't tell you when they'll know more, etc... But at least they're willing to talk to you. UF just has a funny process with the early acceptences and then the holds before the waitlists. As some of you said though, they accept a LOT of people who interviewed, but they probably do so much later in the process than other schools. Just because they haven't gotten to that stage yet, I don't think it's quite fair to say that they aren't "nice and upfront".

Members don't see this ad :)
hypersting said:
Oh please, not that myth again. They check to see what your saying about their school so they can assess it's perception, if they spend any time here at all, they don't care who you are. Plus unless you pick a user name that uses a large portion of your real name (like myself) then they won't be able to figure out who you are even if they are "after you".

rgporter said:
Oh please, not that myth again. They check to see what your saying about their school so they can assess it's perception, if they spend any time here at all, they don't care who you are. Plus unless you pick a user name that uses a large portion of your real name (like myself) then they won't be able to figure out who you are even if they are "after you".

Relax, I was being partly tongue in cheek. The admissions people have mentioned at two of my interviews that they check this site to gauge perceptions as you have said. I could imagine if someone used this enough and gave enough details someone could deduce their identity, but yes, I agree the chance is very small and that is not the reason they come on here anyway. Anyway, Spitting Camel, your post was more in the spirit of mine, except a million times funnier. Thanks for the laugh. :)

I hear Georgetown's admissions department is worse. :rolleyes:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-Ys7Hb244Y[/YOUTUBE]

Hey guys, did you know that last year they were dumped by all of their accepted candidates and wait list candidates, they had to call back 30 of their rejected candidates by offering them free boats. But, then they kidnapped them and pressed them forcibly into med school.

The rest of the class is filled up by homeless people they rounded up using bottle of forties and a turkey sandwich.

Edit: yeahhhh nevermind lol

you were gonna say "Larkin's at UCF idiot!!" then realized the post was from 2004 and he was probably there first, didnt you haha. I was about to do that as well but caught myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.