UF or Nova, people help!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trukini

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
UF or Nova?

UF expected debt same as Nova for me....

Which one to pick ? WHY:eek:?

please... tell me why...

Members don't see this ad.

I go to USF, I hear all the time that UF is much better than NOVA.
Hence, I didn't even apply to NOVA.

UF gives you in-state tuition after the first yr. if that is something you didn't know.

I hope that helps, not much but at least I tried :D

thanks.

Yeah, but I already did my cost calculations and it is the same FOR me. I think that the reputation from UF is better, but the city is not.

Members don't see this ad :)
Students told me at Nova that UF's atmosphere is very competitive, almost like cut-throat atmosphere Vs Nova, it is competitive but not as much, students are more relaxed at Nova. I was told that there were couple of D2's that transferred into Nova from UF because they didn't like UF's student atmosphere.

Just my opinion.

Students told me at Nova that UF's atmosphere is very competitive, almost like cut-throat atmosphere Vs Nova, it is competitive but not as much, students are more relaxed at Nova. I was told that there were couple of D2's that transferred into Nova from UF because they didn't like UF's student atmosphere.

Just my opinion.

I am at Nova, and seriously everyone shares notes and will drop everything to help out a fellow classmate, even upper classmen/women will help you out. Its a chill environment here. I have a classmate that was attending UF last year and she absolutely hated it and decided to come down to Nova because it was so bad at UF. Thats all i know. I have never been to UF, because i didn't even apply (out of stater).

I am at Nova, and seriously everyone shares notes and will drop everything to help out a fellow classmate, even upper classmen/women will help you out. Its a chill environment here. I have a classmate that was attending UF last year and she absolutely hated it and decided to come down to Nova because it was so bad at UF. Thats all i know. I have never been to UF, because i didn't even apply (out of stater).

yea man, both of tour guides who were D1s were very happy at Nova. You guys have a great atmosphere there.

yea man, both of tour guides who were D1s were very happy at Nova. You guys have a great atmosphere there.

yeah I would have to say my classmates are awesome

I thought that it was almost impossible to get into UF dental school if you didn't go there as undergrad. Maybe I'm wrong.
I'd say Nova.:xf:

I thought that it was almost impossible to get into UF dental school if you didn't go there as undergrad. Maybe I'm wrong.
I'd say Nova.:xf:

I know a lot of people that got into UF and have attended UF without getting their BS from UF.

It is almost impossible to get in if your not from FL...

i just had a tour at nova and my tour guides said the same thing. they said the atmosphere is very relaxed and they have excellent passing rates for both the NBE and the state license exams. and the town is infinitely. one of my tour guides said that the beach was 5 minutes away, so that when he felt overwhelmed, he would just go to the beach and calm down. that doesn't sound too bad :)

did the tour guy mention how ready he feels to practice?

I dont know but I am kind of afraid about too much relaxing... not sure if that is the purpose of going to dental school... you hear that from so few schools that it is definitely not the standard... maybe it is really a plus...

I am also concern about the chairs thing. Most people agree that there is a major issue with chair time. That probably does not help the relaxing...

I like the location, but I warn you that it gets hot, so hot that most people dont go to the beach until past 5pm... Also unless you are a beach die fan person, for most people the beach gets old, it is there always so it is more exciting for first time visitors and the type.

On the other hand, UF is known for not having enough patients at times. And it is also gunners paradise, so no relaxing at all.

tough choice...

as someone on the waitlist at Nova, I'd have to say UF

:xf:

i just had a tour at nova and my tour guides said the same thing. they said the atmosphere is very relaxed and they have excellent passing rates for both the NBE and the state license exams. and the town is infinitely. one of my tour guides said that the beach was 5 minutes away, so that when he felt overwhelmed, he would just go to the beach and calm down. that doesn't sound too bad :)

Were you on the interview on Dec 3rd????/

did the tour guy mention how ready he feels to practice?

I dont know but I am kind of afraid about too much relaxing... not sure if that is the purpose of going to dental school... you hear that from so few schools that it is definitely not the standard... maybe it is really a plus...

I am also concern about the chairs thing. Most people agree that there is a major issue with chair time. That probably does not help the relaxing...

I like the location, but I warn you that it gets hot, so hot that most people dont go to the beach until past 5pm... Also unless you are a beach die fan person, for most people the beach gets old, it is there always so it is more exciting for first time visitors and the type.

On the other hand, UF is known for not having enough patients at times. And it is also gunners paradise, so no relaxing at all.

tough choice...

Well the tours are mostly given by D1's so they aren't practicing yet. Secondly you can't even begin to compare Gainesville to Ft lauderdale. Sorry but Gainesville blows. UF is known for being cutthroat, so if thats your style then go there.

Well the tours are mostly given by D1's so they aren't practicing yet. Secondly you can't even begin to compare Gainesville to Ft lauderdale. Sorry but Gainesville blows. UF is known for being cutthroat, so if thats your style then go there.

What would you say about the chairs issue?

What would you say about the chairs issue?

well i am also a D1, but my roomate is a D3 and he says as long as you stay on top of your stuff you shouldn't have a problem getting a chair or patients. But again i don't know from personal experience.

well i am also a D1, but my roomate is a D3 and he says as long as you stay on top of your stuff you shouldn't have a problem getting a chair or patients. But again i don't know from personal experience.

Thanks.