UF or USF for pharmacy??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UF or USF pharmacy school

• Total voters

nexus13123

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's a good problem to have but I can't decide whether to go to UF or USF pharmacy. I got accepted to both. Obviously UF tuition is lower than USF and it is a more reputational school. But USF is right in Tampa where family and friends live. Also my gf is living in Tampa :( but it is fairly a new school....Does it matter which school you go to since job market for pharmacist is bad right now?

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations What you like and no like UF USF?

Last edited:
It's a good problem to have but I can't decide whether to go to UF or USF pharmacy. I got accepted to both. Obviously UF tuition is lower than USF and it is a more reputational school. But USF is right in Tampa where family and friends live. Also my gf is living in Tampa :( but it is fairly a new school....Does it matter which school you go to since job market for pharmacist is bad right now?
When did you hear back from USF? Also I applied to both schools but UF is more reputable like you said and you are more likely to get a residency program after if that is what you are interested in. Also I thought that USF was cheaper than UF.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Man, go to UF. I applied to both those programs and IF I had Florida residency I'd have taken UF over USF since it's cheaper AND has a longstanding rep. In my case I'd take USF over UF because out-of-state tuition is way too much for me in UF vs. USF

Your gf is in another city in the same state? Man, what exatly do you think is gonna happen in 4 years when try landing a job or worse, a residency outside FL? Might as well pratice doing this *semi* long-distance relationship now. It'll work if it's meant to, take it from someone with a gf of 3 years and spent 1/3 of that time out long-distance. It'll be fine, make your education count

I wouldn't go to either one because I have been a pharmacist for 23 years in the Tampa Florida area and the market is saturated. There are over 100 pharmacists applying to each job and I have many friends that are unemployed. Pharmacy is not what it used to be. Too many pharmacy schools have destroyed this profession. The number of pharmacy schools has doubled in the past 10 years and most areas in this country are totally saturated. The outlook is bleak. You will graduate with a ton of debt and no job unless you relocate to a remote area of the country. No opportunity in this fields anymore.