UF Pre-Pharmacy Major

Started by oniondog
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

oniondog

bark bark
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys! I'm a new member here. 🙂 I recently got accepted to University of Florida for undergrad and I plan to attend this fall. I'm planning to major in Pre-Pharmacy or Political Science. For anyone who is familiar with the major at UF, could you please inform me? How was your experience? Also, any other Pre-Pharm majors can chime in...

I became interested in Pharmacy when I volunteered at my local hospital for a few years. I was situated in various areas of the hospital, and I found the Pharmacy the most interesting aspect. I volunteered in Pre-Op, Cardiac, and even a Pediatric Cancer Lab but always found Pharmacy to be more interesting. Thanks in advance!
 
I know a few people who were prepharmacy and got accepted to the pharmacy school here. They also got two years of their pharmacy school paid for by bright futures. Crazy huh? I encourage you to cram all the work and PCAT and get in asap.
 
I encourage you to cram all the work and PCAT and get in asap.

I agree. Take all of the pre-requisites ASAP, take PCAT and start applying.

However, please note that UF does not offer a "Pre-pharmacy" major (unless things have changed). I graduated with a BS in nutritional sciences and I thought that was a great major, since the curriculum is very applicable to pharmacy IMO.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm graduating this semester from UF, and there is a Pre-Pharm major. The thing is, you can only be that major for two years. Then, you will have to change your major to something else (most people choose nutrition). I started there with Pre-pharm as my major, but then at the end of my sophomore year I had to change majors and chose Health Education. I have no regrets and I love my major! But those first two years were tough...I got most of my science pre reqs done during that time tho. Good luck!! 🙂
 
I'm graduating this semester from UF, and there is a Pre-Pharm major. The thing is, you can only be that major for two years. Then, you will have to change your major to something else (most people choose nutrition). I started there with Pre-pharm as my major, but then at the end of my sophomore year I had to change majors and chose Health Education. I have no regrets and I love my major! But those first two years were tough...I got most of my science pre reqs done during that time tho. Good luck!! 🙂

Oh ok, good to know! Wish I would've known that when I first started my undergrad.

Good luck x 2