uf @shands jacksonville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amo2007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hellow everyone this is my first post however i have been reading the threads for a while... if there is anyone who is going to uf here at shands i need your input as to how they like the program because i have started the preqs at FCCJ and would in future apply to uf.I have another healthcare degree that i am not too crazy about and i am trying not to make the same mistake...thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I love the program so far. If you have any specific questions you can PM me.

I was curious about this campus too. How do you like the campus itself over there?

Members don't see this ad :)
LOL. Campus!

It's not a campus like in Gainesville. We have an office and a lab and we have classes in a few rooms. We are in the towers and there are medical offices all around. I wish it was more like a campus, because it can be hard to find a quiet place to study before a test if the lab and office are full.

But since we're only on campus about twice a week in this first year that's fine with me. I am comfortable watching lectures in my pjs at home.

LOL. Campus!

It's not a campus like in Gainesville. We have an office and a lab and we have classes in a few rooms. We are in the towers and there are medical offices all around. I wish it was more like a campus, because it can be hard to find a quiet place to study before a test if the lab and office are full.

But since we're only on campus about twice a week in this first year that's fine with me. I am comfortable watching lectures in my pjs at home.

Wait it is that small? Where do you take classes? How many people are at the Jacksonville "campus"? Do you watch all your lectures at home?

Wait it is that small? Where do you take classes? How many people are at the Jacksonville "campus"? Do you watch all your lectures at home?

There are 57 of us as first years in Jacksonville

You watch all your lectures at home. We come to campus for exams and group projects. Average is two times a week on campus for about 2 hours a session. People in Gainesville don't attend live lecture either, the camera will pan the audience and about 10 people will be there.

You don't do any work in Gainesville. We went there for orientation and that's it.

There are 57 of us as first years in Jacksonville

You watch all your lectures at home. We come to campus for exams and group projects. Average is two times a week on campus for about 2 hours a session. People in Gainesville don't attend live lecture either, the camera will pan the audience and about 10 people will be there.

You don't do any work in Gainesville. We went there for orientation and that's it.

Is that just your first year? It seems like sort of a waste to spend 13k/year to watch all your lectures on line. Where does the hands on experience come in? Just trying to understand more about UF pharmacy as it is one of the few that I haven't visited yet.

I'm not totally sure how it works in the upcoming years, but i believe you come to campus more in the second year....and i think in the third year almost all your classes are on campus. Fourth year is rotations, so you don't come to campus you go to your rotation site. The tuition is cheaper than anywhere else I could have gone.