UF Student Loans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TNC

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm making arrangements for starting my first year and am trying to figure out the budgeting. Can anyone tell me when they have received student loan checks from UF for the fall semester? If the estimated loan amount is $24000, do they just split in half (fall and spring semesters) take the tuition money out and then cut you a check of the remainder for living expenses?

Members don't see this ad.

I went to a different school, but about 7 days after the end of add-drop we would get our refund of whatever was left in loan money after tuition + fees. Remember to budget some overlap, since this was probably 3 weeks into the semester when you include the amount of time for the check to clear.

I'm at UF, so I can answer this.

First, make sure to set up Direct Deposit with UF now, because you'll have the money available the same day, instead of waiting for them to send you a check, and having that clear.

I believe school started on August 21st last year, and my bank statement shows they direct deposited my money on the 28th. They took out the tuition and fees, then direct deposited me the rest. They'll explain more about it in Gainesville during orientation.

Like others say, budget to not have the money the first few weeks, and then be pleasantly surprised when it appears in your account. It was a pretty fast turnaround for spring semester also. Good luck.

I'm at UF, so I can answer this.

First, make sure to set up Direct Deposit with UF now, because you'll have the money available the same day, instead of waiting for them to send you a check, and having that clear.

I believe school started on August 21st last year, and my bank statement shows they direct deposited my money on the 28th. They took out the tuition and fees, then direct deposited me the rest. They'll explain more about it in Gainesville during orientation.

Like others say, budget to not have the money the first few weeks, and then be pleasantly surprised when it appears in your account. It was a pretty fast turnaround for spring semester also. Good luck.

In case you didn't catch the subtext...buy beer like it's a hurricane supply.