UF students Gainesville campus...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmkraus

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who were accepted to the gainesville campus, what reasons did you list on the campus preference part of the application? also, does the date of your application affect your chances of being accepted to your first choice? thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

It's completely random. I'm at the Orlando campus and I go to school with someone who had a condo in Gainesville and she still was placed in Orlando. They try to make it so that each campus has the same approximate entering GPA and PCAT scores. From what I hear, even if you only put Gainesville that doesn't mean you'll automatically get that campus. If anything you might actually not get in. I've heard the only extenuating circumstance is if you have children in school in the Gainesville area. Other than that, I think it's completely random.

Are there particular reasons why you are adamant about not going to another campus? If so I could possibly answer questions for you. I'm probably one of the best because I was so miserable when I found out I was going to the Orlando campus. I actually drove up to Gainesville to plead with the head of admissions. I am completely happy though and really like how our campus is one big happy family.

It's completely random. I'm at the Orlando campus and I go to school with someone who had a condo in Gainesville and she still was placed in Orlando. They try to make it so that each campus has the same approximate entering GPA and PCAT scores. From what I hear, even if you only put Gainesville that doesn't mean you'll automatically get that campus. If anything you might actually not get in. I've heard the only extenuating circumstance is if you have children in school in the Gainesville area. Other than that, I think it's completely random.

Are there particular reasons why you are adamant about not going to another campus? If so I could possibly answer questions for you. I'm probably one of the best because I was so miserable when I found out I was going to the Orlando campus. I actually drove up to Gainesville to plead with the head of admissions. I am completely happy though and really like how our campus is one big happy family.

:thumbup: I'm so glad I got lucky and got Orlando too.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering if someone could tell me whether UF interviews prospective applicants. I've heard that they don't really have interviews but under certain conditions they may request one from an applicant. I was wondering if this was true and if anyone had any ideas about how they decide who to interview and not to interview but still accept (i.e. do they only interview out of state applicants)?

thanks

I was wondering if someone could tell me whether UF interviews prospective applicants. I've heard that they don't really have interviews but under certain conditions they may request one from an applicant. I was wondering if this was true and if anyone had any ideas about how they decide who to interview and not to interview but still accept (i.e. do they only interview out of state applicants)?

thanks

They had about 2 dozen interviews for the last cycle. It's mostly only for applications that have something strange about them... or like in my friend's case, make sure that pharmacy is the career for them. Although, I heard that UF will start having mandatory interviews not this application cycle but the next. They want to get a better sense of personality and communication skills.

thanks

It used to be that way, but there are too many competitive applicants now. They are now interviewing like any other school for the upcoming 2007 class.

i dont want to say that the football and basketball games are the only reasons, but they're definitely up there on my list. I love gainesville, all of my best friends are up here, including my girlfriend of over 3 years. this is my third year at UF and i dont want to go to pharmacy school anywhere else. obviously i will go to a satellite campus if i have to, but if there's any way to increase my chances of being selected in gainesville, i want to know. orlando is actually closer to where I live (melbourne) but still a longer way than i want to commute. staying in gville would just make my life so much easier.

i dont want to say that the football and basketball games are the only reasons, but they're definitely up there on my list. I love gainesville, all of my best friends are up here, including my girlfriend of over 3 years. this is my third year at UF and i dont want to go to pharmacy school anywhere else. obviously i will go to a satellite campus if i have to, but if there's any way to increase my chances of being selected in gainesville, i want to know. orlando is actually closer to where I live (melbourne) but still a longer way than i want to commute. staying in gville would just make my life so much easier.

Yeah, it's harder to get to all the basketball games. But, there is a Pharmacy block of seats for football for all campuses. So, if you get randomized to another campus you can still see football games.

I don't know of anyway to increase your chances to get placed in Gainesville. Good luck and I hope you get in there.

when fill out the appl., use the pittiest reason that you can think off. Put ur BS degree in some use:D

I've been admitted to the Gainesville campus. I mentioned the fact that I would like to research and possibly pursue the PharmD/PhD degree. I also mentioned that I'd like to be somewhat close to my family (my grandfather lives only about an hour away). Yes, I put my BS degree to work when making up reasons for the campus selections.