UF Supplemental

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nebuchadnezzar90

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, in the UF supplemental "Indicate your undergraduate specialization", anyone know what they want me to put? I called a few times but no one is picking up.
 
Whatever you feel you are most educated in, I'd say. For example, I said I specialize in Molecular Biology. I actually was a molec bio major, but switched to premed bio at the last minute to save $3000 and 16 weeks, but had a curriculum heavy in biochemistry, cell biology, and molecular topics.
 
I was under the impression that was if you had a formal concentration in some subfield. For example, at my school if you want to get a Bachelors degree in Biology you have the option of just getting a straight bio degree but if you plan your bio electives right your degree will say that you have a concentration in biomedical or some environmental studies. I didn't focus solely on the medical classes and took a few nature based bio classes so my degree simply says BS Biology, therefore, I didn't indicate any specialization.