UF vs Temple vs Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dadou91

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

The time for deposit for dental schools is approaching and i still havent been able to make a choice. I know there've been having alot of these posts and ive looked into them but still havent been able to make a decision.I was able to get it down to UF, tufts, and temple I was hoping those that knew a lil more about these schools could help me.

UF
pros:
-instate so will cost about about 264k for cost of attendance
-cheap sot of living in gainesville
-im familiar with uf, i went there for undergrad
-family and church is close
-warm weather

cons:
-ive heard some kids haveproblems with getting patients and i fear clinical experience wont be as good as the other 2 schools

TUTS
pros:
-great clinical experience
-scholarship of 1st yr 40% of tuition and fees so reduces cost to 349k cost of attendance
-i have some family living in boston

con
-never lived in snow and i hear winter can get harsh

Temple
pros:
-i really loved the school
-crazy amount of clinical experience

cons:
-cost of attendance about 344k
-cold weather
-far from home

alot of people have said go to the cheaper school, but i feel like if i got to uf, i might be missing out on the clinical experiences i could get at Temple or tufts

please provide some input, i would greatly appreciate it and thanx in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

The possible clinical experience that you would be missing out on is not worth the extra 80-85k in debt.

UF for sure. You would be out of your mind not to go there. Great school and even better tuition.

Members don't see this ad :)
so even though tufts and temple are known as great clinical schools, it would still e better to go to uf?

Go where you feel you'd be happiest. The costs of the 3 schools really won't differ all that much in the future when you're paying back loans. It will probably be a $100 cost difference monthly.

Wow, Tufts gave you a 40% scholarship??

What are your stats?

Wow, Tufts gave you a 40% scholarship??

What are your stats?

I suggest UF bc its close to you and much cheaper..you will still get great knowledge and experience as if you went to the other schools so I dont see the sense in relocating way up to the cold northeast

I would say go to the place that you liked the most, and you know that you will get a good education and experience. The money is only a factor now. When you get your degree, you will make it all back, as long as you go somewhere that they teach you good.