UF waitlist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coral2005

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the chances are of getting chosen from the waitlist at UF?

Members don't see this ad.

Hopefully someone will say the chances are great!!!
My son is on the waitlist, his 1 and only so far.

Sorry to pop the yalls bubble. But I go to UF and attended the interview and talked to the students and last year, no one got in after being on the "acceptable/waitlist". The year before that, there was like 2. So it depends on the year. Its sad, but just hope for a better day. UF is the top choice in Florida when compared to Nova. Its popular and many people are dying to go here.

Gluck
Unfortunately, I didnt get in either. But, Im going to Nova.

Members don't see this ad :)
flajeepgal said:
Hopefully someone will say the chances are great!!!
My son is on the waitlist, his 1 and only so far.

Well, my friend's son got off the waitlist and in class in late July last year after having applied and paid again all the fees for this year to many schools.

Friend is on the faculty... I'm on the wait list, too...

So, you have a chance but how good it is only adcom knows!

Edited: the above poster had inaccurate info...

grmaster1 said:
Well, my friend's son got off the waitlist and in class in late July last year after having applied and paid again all the fees for this year to many schools.

Friend is on the faculty... I'm on the wait list, too...

So, you have a chance but how good it is only adcom knows!

Edited: the above poster had inaccurate info...

???

The chances are not good. Like someone else said, UF is popular among Floridian pre-dents and most who get in, choose to go there. But, miracles can happen...

IM just trying to tell the facts as they are man. I got rejected from UF. I feel like its the same thing as waitlisted because a helluva amount of people would love to come to UF. Its competitive here. Even in undergrad. To show you why I have 3.6/3.6 20/21/20 DAT and I got rejected. Why? Too many more qualified people. How? 40% increase in apps prob and the increase in Florida (the state of) popularity.

Thats just what I heard from the students themselves. And, you have to realize, your friend is faculty. Contacts are always important.

gator1210 said:
Thats just what I heard from the students themselves. And, you have to realize, your friend is faculty. Contacts are always important.

I just pointed out that at least one kid off the list got in last year that's all--but it was right before school started--I would not want to attend this way--it's like they're throwing you a bone...

Chances are low...

gator1210 said:
UF is the top choice in Florida when compared to Nova. Its popular and many people are dying to go here.
Gluck
Unfortunately, I didnt get in either. But, Im going to Nova.

It isn't everyone's top choice in comparison to Nova. ;)

At least someone will be happy when I decline my acceptance at UF and open up a slot.

NSUCDM 2010

Don't go to UF dental. The people on the committee are stuck up. They rejected more than qualified people and waitlisted slackers. They are screwed up when it comes down to evaluating candidates. I go to UF and have really high grades and DAT, yet got a flat out rejection. :mad:

Put me in the rejected list at UF. Their 100% Board rate is sweet, though.

Let’s be honest here. The people at UF are not stuck up. If you have great grades and a great DAT score, something else was wrong with your application.

I have not interviewed any place else, however I feel that UF, unlike other schools, really looks at the candidate as a package rather than solely grades, and this is very important. Just because you have a 24 and 4.0 does not mean that you will be a good dentist.

Your essay needed to be great, your interview had to go well; there are a lot of factors here.

Just something I noticed - isn't it interesting that people who got rejected from UF claim that "UF is stuck up" etc......hmmm!

Like somebody said before - if you have GREAT stats but didn't get in - there is still a reason you didn't get in!

About the topic at hand - there is no way to know how good your chances of getting in are. It really depends on how many people reject UF and how the second round of interviews go.

Not true. I got rejected from UF. And I think it is a great school. I liked the staff. Thought the students were always having fun and clowning around. And it had a not good, but great atmosphere. A new sim lab. Chicks are hot :love: . What more could you want?

How many waitlist letters went out aprox., And are the waitlist considered in the next round for January?

It is my understanding that if you are wait-listed, then you are not considered a in subsequent meetings of ADCOMS.

And as others have said VERY few, if any get in after being wait-listed.

-C