Uf???

Started by cemented
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cemented

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I want to know if i shoudl retake the PCAT because I want to get into UF
I got a 78 on my first attempt and I really don't want to take on more stress (I am quitting my job to take 18 credits over summer, I don't want to have to study more) I have posted my stats in the are they any good section, but I just want to get a general concensis
Thanks
 
If your heart is set on UF I would honestly re-take the PCAT. I think a 78 is a solid score and you may very well get in depending on how well the rest of your application is, but you may not get any answer until late in the application process and this could weigh heavy on your nerves.

There is a thread in the pre-pharmacy forum with people still waiting to hear something for Fall of 2008 and they all have strong stats. Right now they are only reviewing applications above an 80 on the PCAT and greater than a 3.4 GPA. It seems like once they get through these applicants they will move on to those with slightly lower stats, but this is just a guess. I would hate to have my application overlooked over a few points. You can even take the January PCAT, so there is time.

If you decide not to re-take make sure you rock the 18 credits you are taking this summer with a 4.0! Good luck! :luck: