UGA application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RNtoPharmD

Love
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I couldn't find the topic on "UGA" from searching the forum. Therefore, I think it's legitimate to start one:)

Anyone already started UGA application? The online application won't be available until August 1. The problem is that one of my recommender already sent the LOR to UGA using the current available form on the internet. I hope they won't lose it. I called UGA and left a message but they never answered my call:(

Anyone started the application process already?

I still wonder whether I should wait until Aug before sending other LORs in?
I just feel like going to see my recommender one time with all paper-based recommedation forms from non-pharmcas schools ASAP. They might be annoyed if I pop in my professors' office once in a while to drop in LOR forms from different non-pharmcas school.

Members don't see this ad.

My recommendation is to create a packet with all of the schools' LOR forms and pre-stamped pre-addressed envelopes. The least you can do for them is not make them have to scrawl out a messy envelope ( I always print mine out). Also, it helps if you create a checklist for them so that they can check off whetehr they've completed each requirement for each school.

Like the above poster said, just send everything in all at once. Wait until August first to send in your application with the other LOR, and then ask them then if they had received the other LOR.

I saw a lot of UGA threads before and one common thing I saw is that they reject a lot of students with good stats. I think with that school, you need a 90 on your PCAT since the average is 93, and GPA is well above 3.5. Some people in here got rejected with 3.5 GPA and 85 on their PCAT. They also seem to prefer their own students, so if you went there for your pre-req or for your nursing degree, then that works in your favor. Good luck applying!

I'm applying there this year as well. I'm going to wait until August rolls around to work on the application and ask for LOR. UGA doesn't have rolling admissions, so it doesn't matter if it takes my Reccomenders untill september to write out a LOR and send it in (iirc, it's common courtesy to give them a month to write one).

Good luck to you. Here's hoping us SDNers both get accepted.