You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***UGA C/O 2020 Official Thread***
Started by hopingtogetin3
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey, I got accepted last cycle but am on deferral, so I'll be officially entering with this class. I can probably help answer some questions if needed. 🙂
I'm applying to UGA for the 2nd time (IS), I was waitlisted last cycle (spot #3), so I am hoping I'll be in this year. When I went for my file review I was basically told that because I hadn't completed by pre-reqs yet (finished in the Spring), they couldn't properly compare me to other people who had finished, which is the only difference why I was on the waitlist as opposed to accepted side.
Which sucks. But now that's fixed!
Good luck everyone!
Which sucks. But now that's fixed!
Good luck everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just submitted VMCAS, now to finalize my UGA essay and press the "submit" button! Stress!
Does anyone know if we are required to send our summer transcripts to VMCAS before the deadline? I thought we could send them to UGA any time after the deadline, as their website says "official transcripts of grades obtained in the summer and fall term" are due February 1st. I am ready to submit my application, but I don't want to unless I know there won't be any problems. I tried calling UGA twice today, but no one answered...
I think you're correct, but if you email the admissions dept they will usually get back to you super quickly. Definitely check with them first!
just to be sure, there is no in-state residency verification needed before sept 15th correct? it is listed on the "application checklist" section of the website with everything else that is due then.. and the contract-seat verification has a different date. also is residency verification showing up in anyones elc thing? i know it takes forever to update but right now mine has just supplemental, sup fee, gre scores, and transcript sections. so maybe the residency will pop up later in the process if its not due on the 15th?
last year, they emailed me asking for a photocopy of my drivers license. I believe that's what they will do again this year.
just got the email asking for the driver's license. they are getting things rolling
I got that email too and was super excited because that means things are getting started! 1st time applicant and this is my IS school so super hopeful but terrified too!just got the email asking for the driver's license. they are getting things rolling
Woo, UGA! Good luck, guys!
Back again for the 2nd year applying. Fingers crossed for everyone!
Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
I remember you from last year! Best of luck!
Ha-ha I do too, good luck to you as well!I remember you from last year! Best of luck!
Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When do they start interviewing our referrals? Did your referrals let you know last year that they had been contacted? Just wondering if I can guess where they are as far as academic and referral evaluation...
same here, and they emailed asking for residency verification at least a month and a half earlier than last year
Do you know if they call references on repeat applications? I have a couple new ones, so maybe they'll just call those this year?same here, and they emailed asking for residency verification at least a month and a half earlier than last year
Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
i have no idea. I think last year was the first time my references got called, or at least the first time they've told me they've been called.
So... When do us OS peeps hear anything? Basically, when will rejections and acceptances be sent out?
last year they got sent out feb 21. I'm hoping it will be earlier this year since the deadline was earlier, but who knows these days.
Also, does anyone know, whether you get accepted or rejected, is your letter still an attachment? I got rejected and it was attached but I'm wondering if its the same if you get accepted. Just so I know when the emails come :/
Also, does anyone know, whether you get accepted or rejected, is your letter still an attachment? I got rejected and it was attached but I'm wondering if its the same if you get accepted. Just so I know when the emails come :/
I was waitlisted and it was attached to an email, got it around the very end of January or so. I'm IS though, so I don't know if its different.
I'm IS as well. End of January is early. Mine was end of February.
It's also super possible I am mis-remembering. I just know it was earlier than expected last year.
Is there any way to tell where they are in the process? Is it safe to assume that if I haven't heard anything back (besides a couple of emails asking about spring semester transcripts, etc) I'm still in the running? Do they let everyone know their decision in Feb/March or would they tell you sooner if you have been weeded out?
Everyone should still be in the running at this point. I don't remember my references being called until at least December or January. We as applicants won't hear anything back until late February if it's the same as last year.Is there any way to tell where they are in the process? Is it safe to assume that if I haven't heard anything back (besides a couple of emails asking about spring semester transcripts, etc) I'm still in the running? Do they let everyone know their decision in Feb/March or would they tell you sooner if you have been weeded out?
Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
Last year decisions were sent out Jan 30th, hopefully they'll send decision out around the same time this year for you guys. I'll ask the admissions office for you guys tomorrow how far along they are in the process.
Last year decisions were sent out Jan 30th, hopefully they'll send decision out around the same time this year for you guys. I'll ask the admissions office for you guys tomorrow how far along they are in the process.
Alright, thank-you!
Also, is the decision for all students sent out at the same time or will in state students hear back before those of us who are out of state students?
So references haven't started to be called yet but Parker said in the next few weeks they will start. Last year in state and out of state received decisions on the same day.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah I want to say mine were called in between Thanksgiving and Christmas last year (2 of 3 were called). We are halfway through the waiting process already (if that helps anyone) 🙂!!
So references haven't started to be called yet but Parker said in the next few weeks they will start. Last year in state and out of state received decisions on the same day.
Thanks! Please keep us posted if you can!
Just popping in to join in the wait! I'm a first time OOS applicant!
first time OOS applicant here! I feel like I'm most anxious over the schools that don't interview, since you don't know anything until decisions are made!
I don't think they email you afterwards, they sent that email last year as well and didn't send me anything then either.did any other in-staters get a residency confirmation after sending in their drivers license? i emailed it but haven't heard anything since then.
Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
First time OS applicant; I'm nervous just like everyone else. I'm not sure if that's because of the long waiting time or the fact that once that wait time is up any notification is basically pass/fail. At least with interview invites you can dream for a bit before you still get rejected...? 
I just received a phone call from UGA, just asking if I had any questions or concerns about the application or program. I kind of blanked and just asked something about transcripts for correspondence courses. Is this something they have done in the past? Now I am wondering if I messed up by not asking questions about the program. I have heard that at in person interviews it is seen as bad to not ask questions.
I just received a phone call from UGA, just asking if I had any questions or concerns about the application or program. I kind of blanked and just asked something about transcripts for correspondence courses. Is this something they have done in the past? Now I am wondering if I messed up by not asking questions about the program. I have heard that at in person interviews it is seen as bad to not ask questions.
Wow, I would not have been expecting that call! Are you IS or OOS?
Yea, I wasn't expecting it. I would've have some questions ready if I even thought that call was a possibility. I am OOS.Wow, I would not have been expecting that call! Are you IS or OOS?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yea, I wasn't expecting it. I would've have some questions ready if I even thought that call was a possibility. I am OOS.
I would say the call is hopefully a good sign!
I just received a phone call from UGA, just asking if I had any questions or concerns about the application or program. I kind of blanked and just asked something about transcripts for correspondence courses. Is this something they have done in the past? Now I am wondering if I messed up by not asking questions about the program. I have heard that at in person interviews it is seen as bad to not ask questions.
Okay, I just checked my voicemail and I got the SAME call asking if I had any questions about the application or program, so I'm really...confused? What does this mean? I was given a number to call back, but I'm just not sure about it? Is everyone getting this call today?
Jumping in to join the waiting... First-time IS applicant here 🙂
Do any second time applicants know if they have done this in the past?