UGA vs. Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Where would you go?

• UGA

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • TAMU

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

laupaw27

Texas A&M c/o 2027
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm so happy to have been accepted to my IS (UGA) and to Texas A&M. With scholarships, cost is nearly identical for me to attend both schools, so that's not an issue. I attended Visitation Day for TAMU this past weekend and absolutely loved it, but was weirdly creeped out by how flat it was and the lack of large trees lol (I'm from and went to undergrad in Atlanta, so it was a very different geography than I'm used to.) I've been wanting a change of pace for a while and to branch out away from where my parents live, and I loved the idea of the "Aggie network" and how many doors it seems to open for people. However, I'm worried how well I'll do being that far from home, as this would be my first time moving so far away. So I'm waiting for UGA's preview day to make a final decision. I'm currently interested in surgery (unsure of small or large animal yet), but it could definitely change. What do you all think I should consider when comparing these two schools? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Save yourself $88k and go IS to UGA. It's a great school. And Athens is a totally different vibe from Atlanta if you are looking for a change of pace.

Reactions: 1 user