Uga

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shrubh

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything from UGA yet? I submitted my application back in like Sept/October..I know the application wasn't technically due until Feb 1st, but just wanted to see if they had even started sending out interview requests etc.

Members don't see this ad.

I think they have, cuz in the post for "Interview Request 2007" someone mentioned that he/she got an interview request from UGA. I applied too and haven't heard anything from them. Good luck with it, I think i'm gonna need some too...

I applied August/September and have not heard anything at all.

Members don't see this ad :)
While at Mercer's interview on January 12th, I had talked to another student who said he had an interview with UGA the following week. He actually completed his pre-req's at UGA, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I called UGA about 2 weeks ago because I too completed my application around October. UGA said that only a few applications have been reviewed and their process is only partially rolling, unlike Mercer which is completely rolling. Make sense? I would look to hear something from UGA around late Feb. - March timeframe.

Me+PharmD, thanks for the info!

I applied in early September and I'm still waiting to hear something as well. I assume that the strongest applicants are getting invited for an interview first. I have 3.95 GPA and a 95 PCAT, so I feel pretty confident that I will at the very least get an interview. I'll inform you guys when I do.

weird. I just checked, and my status says the same as yours. I checked last week though and it still said "pending". I guess that means they've starting looking at applications..? Who knows..they'd have to start sending out interview requests soon I would think though. Or maybe saying no application on file means we have a rejection letter on the way (let's hope not!!). I guess if I don't get anything in the mail from them by the end of next week I might e-mail/call them and see what's up. Let me know if you hear anything from them!!

I just looked and the status check page is temporarily unavailable. I've been trying to check my status the past few days and my browser has been timing out. Someone post something on here the instant they hear from UGA.

I sent UGA admissions an e-mail to find out what was going on with the status page online. I got an e-mail back today saying they are just having problems with the website right now, and it should be back to normal by the end of the week.

I wish they would send out interview requests already...

I actually already had an interview with UGA back in mid Jan so I know that they have started the interview process. However, I did complete my pre-reqs at UGA and the other three people at my interview had also done their pre-reqs at UGA...so maybe that did factor into it, I'm not sure. Hope you guys here from them soon :)

I actually already had an interview with UGA back in mid Jan so I know that they have started the interview process. However, I did complete my pre-reqs at UGA and the other three people at my interview had also done their pre-reqs at UGA...so maybe that did factor into it, I'm not sure. Hope you guys here from them soon :)

Thanks for the info! When did you submit your application to UGA?

I believe I turned in my application in late Oct/early Nov

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally got a letter from UGA yesterday inviting me for an interview. :D Those of you who have had one there already, any crazy questions I should look out for?

At my interview, I had two members of the faculty interview me. One of them was on the admissions committee and another was a professor. The guy on the admissions committee just asked me simple questions like 'why pharmacy?' 'why UGA?' and things of that nature. However, the professor was a bit more interesting. He is known to ask bizzare questions so be prepared for just about anything. Apparently he asked someone what their favorite part of the atom was??? I dont think he's looking for a right or wrong answer, he just likes to kind of throw you off a little. GOOD LUCK!

Your favorite part of the atom??? :confused: Interesting...thanks for the heads up about the wacky questions! Were you impressed with the school overall?

I've been to other interviews and heard about interviews from friends and at all of them, the committee is always trying to sell their school. UGA didn't make any kind of effort to show me that their school was better than others. So in that respect, I wasn't too impressed. However, I go to UGA so I know a bit about their program and A LOT about Athens but for people that don't know much about their program, they don't do too much to make you wanna go there. The two biggest reason I wanna go there is that they have the best program in the state and because they are A LOT cheaper than any of the other schools in GA.

I must say, I'm beginning to feel rather nervous not having been invited for an interview yet. I called the admissions office today and they told me that will continue interviewing until the end of March, which doesn't leave much time. Unfortunately, they wouldn't tell me how many people they've already interviewed or any of other specifics though.

I do have a question for those of you who were invited for an interview; How many days/weeks before your interview date did you receive your invitation?

yea. I am getting a little nervous that I haven't heard anything yet. To anyone who received an interview request...what are your GPA, PCAT, etc.? (if you don't mind sharing)

Do they give preference to in-state students? I currently go to school in South Carolina, but I am a GA resident...

I am really nervous...
Its almost getting to the end of March...
I made a 99% on PCAT and 3.7 GPA with a BS Chemistry, GA resident... still no word from UGA. I shouldn't have put all my eggs in one basket..
Maybe they lost my application.

I am really nervous...
I made a 99% of PCAT and 3.7 GPA with a BS Chemistry... still no word from UGA. I shouldn't have put all my eggs in one basket..

Maybe.... but that's a pretty darn impressive basket. I would guess that with the January PCAT scores just being released, schools will be reviewing applicants from throughout the year in addition to this most recent batch, so it may be a while (weeks?) before info is available.

Don't get discouraged yet. ;-)

Maybe.... but that's a pretty darn impressive basket. I would guess that with the January PCAT scores just being released, schools will be reviewing applicants from throughout the year in addition to this most recent batch, so it may be a while (weeks?) before info is available.

Don't get discouraged yet. ;-)
Yea but I applied in November... and took the October test. UGA needs to quit playing games.

On the second note has anyone been accepted yet? Do you UGA give full ride scholarships?

I am really nervous...
I made a 99% on PCAT and 3.7 GPA with a BS Chemistry, GA resident... still no word from UGA. I shouldn't have put all my eggs in one basket..
Maybe they lost my application.

Wow, I would imagine that someone with those numbers would have been amongst the first few to be interviewed at UGA. Maybe they aren't interviewing in order by the strength of the applicants. I don't know, but if you don't at least get invited for an interview, something must have gone terribly wrong. You may want to contact the Admissions Office (via phone or email) and ask them if they have your complete application. Anyways, good luck and let us know when you get that interview request.

On a side note, I just check my application status online (https://pharmacy.rx.uga.edu/admissions/index.php?page=status_login) and the Admission Status has changed from "pending" to "interview". Every time I have checked it in the past it has always said "pending", so I think this may mean that I have been invited for an interview (*crosses fingers*) . I haven't received an email, letter, or any other form of communication from UGA to notify me of this yet, so I don't want to get too excited until I know for sure. Even then, being invited for an interview only means that I have about a 50-50% chance of actually getting accepted.

Yea my status is interview too. I'll give them a ring Monday to see what is going on.

haha so i guess it's a bad sign that my status still says "pending"...hrmm

haha so i guess it's a bad sign that my status still says "pending"...hrmm
Nope...
I called today she says they are testing something online.

I think they're hiding the information from us. But with your strong stats, i'm pretty sure you'll get an interview.
I just checked the site and the status no longer exist, it doesn't say pending or anything... This is so frustrating...

[/quote]I do have a question for those of you who were invited for an interview; How many days/weeks before your interview date did you receive your invitation?[/quote]

I got a letter on Monday the 26th of Feb inviting me for an interview either on the 27th-1st or the 6th-8th, so not much warning was given at all. So, don't worry about the end of March approaching. There is plenty of time. Your letter may be in the mail.

Someone asked for stats...so here goes...PCAT- 99%, GPA- 3.98, no degree.

Got my letter too today.
Made an interview appointment on 26th of March off campus site at Memorial Hospital in Savannah. See you there.

I received my interview invitation today as well. Surprisingly, they gave me a full 2-3 weeks notice.

for everyone that recently got invitation letters can u please share your gpa pcat score and other stats thanks!!!

also where are you guys from?? Im from NJ..anyone from my area..mayb thats y its takin lonng to get my uga letter...

also where are you guys from?? Im from NJ..anyone from my area..mayb thats y its takin lonng to get my uga letter...
Sorry, I believe UGA mainly acccepts in state students. Since they get more funding, so I heard. I hope you have really great credentials for being an out of state student.

My stats:
99% PCAT
BS, Chemistry 3.7 GPA
Full Time Tech at CVS

I'm still worry about getting in.

for everyone that recently got invitation letters can u please share your gpa pcat score and other stats thanks!!!

GPA: 3.95
PCAT: 95% composite
Pharmacy Experience: less than 100 hours.

I live in Georgia, also.

I live out west, not in GA, so don't give up hope!