Uga

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Queen86

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When will UGA be mailing out acceptences?

Members don't see this ad.

I found out from a friend, who is a first year in the program, they have made decisions. I believe he said they were mailing out tommorrow, but if you call Dr. Wolfgang he will let you know if you're in or not. My news wasn't so good, but what can you do. Good luck to all of you still waiting!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I found out from a friend, who is a first year in the program, they have made decisions. I believe he said they were mailing out tommorrow, but if you call Dr. Wolfgang he will let you know if you're in or not. My news wasn't so good, but what can you do. Good luck to all of you still waiting!!!

Oh my gosh!! You called and he told you!? That means that I should get a letter in about 2 days... ahh...! I'm so nervous!

Wait, what? You can call Dr. Wolfgang if you want to know?

...meh, I'll just wait for snail mail. Waiting another few days isn't going to kill me.

WOOO HOOO!! I got my acceptance letter in the mail today! I don't know if I will be attending there or not. I'm just excited I was accepted!

WOOO HOOO!! I got my acceptance letter in the mail today! I don't know if I will be attending there or not. I'm just excited I was accepted!

Congratulations, PharMom!!! Hope I get good news today too!

I just got my acceptance letter too.:D

Congrats Pharmom and atlpharmd! I'll see you guys in the fall! :D

Congrats aniflora! It'd be nice if we all get to know each other before school starts. Feel free to PM me. :)

So a facebook group should be created soon... :)

I got my acceptance today too! Congrats to everyone who got accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
hitzgirlforever...would indicate a hanson fan?! that's the only abbrv of the boys i fondly remember from my teeny-bopping years. or do you abbrv to conceal your devotion? or is it completely unrelated?

i was surprised about acceptance myself...but thrilled nonetheless! see you class 2012!

i got my acceptance letter today (actually last week but my roommate hid our mail). lol.

i'm still not 100% if i'm going to UGA or not yet. it's between UGA or Mercer. i really wanted to live in atlanta, but i dunno now. everyone i've talked to thinks i'm crazy for even thinking about going to Mercer over UGA, but then again, i am a UGA student already.

quick question tho. i was talking to a friend of mine today, and he said that in your 4th year rotations, you can pick a region and you do all your rotations in that one region. is this correct?? i thought you had to do rotations in different regions. like some in the south, some in ne, nw, atlanta..etc.

i got my acceptance letter today (actually last week but my roommate hid our mail). lol.

i'm still not 100% if i'm going to UGA or not yet. it's between UGA or Mercer. i really wanted to live in atlanta, but i dunno now. everyone i've talked to thinks i'm crazy for even thinking about going to Mercer over UGA, but then again, i am a UGA student already.

quick question tho. i was talking to a friend of mine today, and he said that in your 4th year rotations, you can pick a region and you do all your rotations in that one region. is this correct?? i thought you had to do rotations in different regions. like some in the south, some in ne, nw, atlanta..etc.

I am in pretty much the same boat!! I had to choose between Mercer and UGA. While Mercer was going to be a closer option for me to where I would be able to commute and let my 2 year old stay in his preschool, I think I would be CRAZY not to take the opportunity to attend UGA.

Also, I'm pretty sure that we are the first class they are starting the regional rotation thing. That is the only drawback for me (because of my son). I was told at the interview that we could end up in Augusta, Albany, Atlanta, Macon,... (and the list goes on) but that is where we would spend our entire fourth year.

ugh...i need to make a decision by the end of this week. i want to go to mercer due to convenience, my living situation is set, and i wanted a new environment change, and i liked the people/campus. but i know uga is a better ranked school and i won't need to change much of my stuff since i've been here for 4 years, but damn, i don't know if i can be in athens this long. lol.

ok so about the rotations...so we do stay in one city/area for the whole year, and just work in diff settings? i think i remember someone saying that we put our preferential areas tho.

i didn't get accepted....i must be a loser

you are NOT loserly...and if you are, so was i since rejection was my state 2 years ago. had to go out and get a BS, and minor, and even MORE bs atop...and still, i'm nowhere close to those poindexters they accepted.

if you wanna, i urge you to think of yourself as loserly.....but w/ potential!! ('88, you youngster)

ugh...i need to make a decision by the end of this week. i want to go to mercer due to convenience, my living situation is set, and i wanted a new environment change, and i liked the people/campus. but i know uga is a better ranked school and i won't need to change much of my stuff since i've been here for 4 years, but damn, i don't know if i can be in athens this long. lol.

ok so about the rotations...so we do stay in one city/area for the whole year, and just work in diff settings? i think i remember someone saying that we put our preferential areas tho.

the pharmacist i used to work with said she used to hire pharm. from mercer b/c the "uga kids" didn't know how to mix iv's during rotations...kinda harsh but it can go both ways.

ok i'm going to uga. i talked w/ a friend who is a 1st year here and he cleared up a lot of info. about the rotations. you have all the regions in GA, and you list your top picks ranking them 1st-whatever. he said his class did a statistical study to see who all wanted to go where to find out if there would be any issues of people not getting the location they wanted. from their experiment, surprisingly, not as many people wanted to go to atlanta in comparison to the amount of openings for the location. he said about 90% of the students will get their #1 choice, and the way this is done is that they at random rank everyone in the class, so if your name is at the top of the list, you'll get 1st pick, so those unlucky few at the bottom of the list may not get their 1st choice.

also i wasn't sure about residencies, but he cleared that up for me too. so i'm set and have my immunization pretty much completed.

ok for those of you accepted, when was the last day you could accept entrance into school? do you know, was it on the acceptance letter or anything?

Pyro3rsx, what rankings are you using to make your decision? Most rankings are subjective and not necessarily objective. Incidentally, the last US News ranking had Mercer & UGA closely ranked and Mercer continues to rank high among private pharmacy schools.

No, but they said they wouldn't let us know anything until they get our spring transcripts, which are due by May 28th.

I just got an email this morning from Dr. W, stating I was pulled from the alternate list and am now accepted!!!!

I do have a question though... I'm having a hard time validating going to UGA when it is a year longer than South Univ (and I'm from Savannah)....I'm pretty much set on UGA now, but please help me solidify my decision!!!

Just think of how much money you would save going to UGA. If you dont mind me asking, what are your stats.

I just got an email this morning from Dr. W, stating I was pulled from the alternate list and am now accepted!!!!

I do have a question though... I'm having a hard time validating going to UGA when it is a year longer than South Univ (and I'm from Savannah)....I'm pretty much set on UGA now, but please help me solidify my decision!!!

Hi! I also was accepted to South Univ back in December and it was a tough decision for me which one to choose, South or UGA. I chose UGA in the end, because the tuition is way cheaper and it is higher ranked than South. To me, South is still a better location because you get to be beside the beach while Athens is just a college town (not my fav type of environment). Also, the administration at South are super nice and supportive while I haven't seen the same kind of treatment at UGA. However I just keep in mind I am in pharmacy school for the education and the quality at UGA will be better.

Just think of how much money you would save going to UGA. If you dont mind me asking, what are your stats.

yeah.. but for me, length of study is more important the tuition. huumm.. graduating one year earlier will make up for it. You can do a lot in one year. If your goal is retail pharmacist, I would go for South.

I got pulled from the Alternate list at UGA too. Still deciding. The school i was accepted to LECOM Erie is also 3 year and tuition is not as expensive as South. I have the same dilemma as fstrthnu:confused:

The only thing I concern about is the REPUTATION. This may be my last academic degree. so.. I would be nice to work toward a degree that I can show off to other people. You know .. when you mentioned about the name UGA, people are like "WOW! That's a good school.. bla bla. bla". (so what?) And the reputation may affect the chance for residency.

yeah.. but for me, length of study is more important the tuition. huumm.. graduating one year earlier will make up for it. You can do a lot in one year. If your goal is retail pharmacist, I would go for South.

I got pulled from the Alternate list at UGA too. Still deciding. The school i was accepted to LECOM Erie is also 3 year and tuition is not as expensive as South. I have the same dilemma as fstrthnu:confused:

The only thing I concern about is the REPUTATION. This may be my last academic degree. so.. I would be nice to work toward a degree that I can show off to other people. You know .. when you mentioned about the name UGA, people are like "WOW! That's a good school.. bla bla. bla". (so what?) And the reputation may affect the chance for residency.

My friend at UGA told me at South you would have to do your 500 intern hours after you have completed the 3 years. So if what she said is true, you can't be a pharmacist right after you graduate...

hitzgirlforever, I totally know what you're talking about at South...the people there are beyond nice and helpful! Thats why I'd hate to make a bad decision... I live for the beach also, but as you said, we're there for the education. With UGA being the most coveted school in GA, I feel privileged for the opportunity to attend!

RNtoPharmD, your post is EXACTLY what I'm feeling right now! UGA for the "wow you went to UGA" factor ;), which don't get me wrong, I do like. As you mentioned, UGA does have a much higher ranking which should yield (theoretically) a better education.

The price of admission to South also scares me quite a bit as I will be financing my journey through school 100% :scared:. Well, at least the Dawgs have a hell of a team this year!!! Should shut my Gator lovin brother up :laugh:.

abenton5000, my stats are PCAT=87; GPA=3.61; CPhT; four years active duty service in the United States Marine Corps; OEF Combat Veteran

I guess the money you would make during that extra year you would gain by going to south would counteract the price difference. Fstrthnu, thanks for the stats.

I guess the money you would make during that extra year you would gain by going to south would counteract the price difference.

But why working so hard for a year just to pay that tuition difference rather having fun at school for another year? However, that one year of experience would be valuable.

But why working so hard for a year just to pay that tuition difference rather having fun at school for another year? However, that one year of experience would be valuable.

Excellent point!

Do you guys know the class schedule for this Fall? Do we have class on Friday? I have a weekend nursing job in Atlanta area. I would be great if we have Fri to Sun off, so I can continue to work and stay at my mom's place over the weekend. Don't know if it's worth it because the gas price now skyrockets.

I talked to a few UGA pharmacy students and they told me first year students usually get out early, like around noon time.

Hey, I got pulled of the waiting list as well.

I'm also thinking about traveling back to Atlanta on the weekends to keep my job here.

Hey, I got pulled of the waiting list as well.

I'm also thinking about traveling back to Atlanta on the weekends to keep my job here.

Hey, congrats! You shouldn't have even been on the waiting list at all. See ya in the fall.

When are we paying for the deposit? During advisement period? It isn't indicated in the acceptance letter.

well..i heard if you didn't get accepted by friday, june6, it's pretty much over. :(:(

maybe next year i guess.