ughh! Waitlisted!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
T

Townie

so i've gotten wait listed at Stony Brook and Boston! what are the chances of getting off either one of them! Any one know of someone who has gotten off the alternate list at these schools? Should i start re-taking the DAT (currently its 19/19/18) and apply for 2013? Also, is there something I can do to increase my chances of getting in this year? Please help! Thank You very much!

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry to hear that. I don't know if the wait list will move or not. Regarding the DAT, if you are confident that you can pull off scores of 20+, go ahead and retake it within the next month. BU heavily weighs DAT scores, so a retake might improve your chances.

Good luck!

DAT 21-23-18 Waitlisted @ BU. Hopefully you are right and they look more into DAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
DAT 21-23-18 Waitlisted @ BU. Hopefully you are right and they look more into DAT.

Wow! Wait listed with those scores!
I guess you guys just have to wait. Hopefully, spots will open up.:)

Anon...are u gonna reapply? what are your plans now? Just wanna let you know that..this blows! i feel your pain!

Anon...are u gonna reapply? what are your plans now? Just wanna let you know that..this blows! i feel your pain!

Yes, if it doesnt work out with 3 waitlists, I will do 1 year masters and ofcourse reapply. Trying not to lose hope for 08 cycle. Good luck buddy!

What masters program are you planning on doing?

Masters w/ non thesis lit based. Trying to keep it simple.

I was just offered a spot at Stony Brook on 4/22 :D from the waitlist so there is some movement. Also, after May 1st there should be a lot of shuffling as people with multiple deposits are forced to make their final decision. Good luck getting off the waitlist!

Is may 1st deadline for most schools?

Is may 1st deadline for most schools?

AADSAS requires everyone to pick ONE school by May 1st. Beyond that date, multiple acceptances will be withdrawn by AADSAS.

at least you heard from BU and got waitlisted. im still hanging on the edge waiting for them...

so i've gotten wait listed at Stony Brook and Boston! what are the chances of getting off either one of them! Any one know of someone who has gotten off the alternate list at these schools? Should i start re-taking the DAT (currently its 19/19/18) and apply for 2013? Also, is there something I can do to increase my chances of getting in this year? Please help! Thank You very much!

Your chances are low. Very low. So low, I'd give up if I was you and focus on the hardship ahead as you try again next cycle. Yes, you must waste a lot of money again. It's madness!

To improve your chance of getting in next year you should: make your DAT 5 points higher in AA, TS, and PAT, raise your GPA by at least 0.5, and work as a dental assistant.

Well San Antonio and Midwestern are full. SA is sending out mass rejection letters and Midwestern is sending out letters saying they are full. Just FYI

Dreaming 2K5,
are u saying i would need a 24/24/23 to get into dental school?:p thats crazy! and since ur a D2, can you tell me (seriously, not sarcastically) how many people in your class got off the waitlist....thanx! hope your year is going FANTASTIC!:)

When did u hear about Midwestern...so there is no hope for us that are waitlisted at MWU???