Uh oh...wage freeze...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
The recession is starting to hit us hard here in B.F.E. de PA. Today the directors for every department had to announce a wage freeze...we're lucky...UPMC will have to fire 1000-1200 workers...other local hospitals may even close. But my $3/hour raise will have to wait until 2010 it looks like. I still get my $5000 annual bonus though....only because its in writing. The older pharmacists are pissed...after you are there for 3 or so years, you start getting bonuses measured by documented clinical work...that's frozen for the time being, too. And staffing is on freeze, too. Hurray for the economy. :thumbup:

Interestingly, it makes my existence even more valuable to my director because if I leave..I ain't getting replaced for at least a year. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Considering you got paid 40 hours a week for the full calendar year... thats $6,280 your missing out on!!! Ahhh. That sucks.

Sorry, I know you didn't want to read that. Im just bored and dont want to study so I thought I'd help. But I know that didn't help...

Considering you got paid 40 hours a week for the full calendar year... thats $6,280 your missing out on!!! Ahhh. That sucks.

Sorry, I know you didn't want to read that. Im just bored and dont want to study so I thought I'd help. But I know that didn't help...

well after tax... who cares.

Members don't see this ad :)
After taxes...that's WVU football season tickets on maybe the 20 or so yard line...look at it that way and it's CRUSHING.

yeah, now you'll have to watch their OT losses to Cinci from home:eek:

sorry, I was at that game too:scared:

After taxes...that's WVU football season tickets on maybe the 20 or so yard line...look at it that way and it's CRUSHING.

QUESTION: How does WVU lose to a school who LOST what should only be known as the ugliest game in history? (AKA the 2008 Sun Bowl?)

The recession is starting to hit us hard here in B.F.E. de PA. Today the directors for every department had to announce a wage freeze...we're lucky...UPMC will have to fire 1000-1200 workers...other local hospitals may even close. But my $3/hour raise will have to wait until 2010 it looks like. I still get my $5000 annual bonus though....only because its in writing. The older pharmacists are pissed...after you are there for 3 or so years, you start getting bonuses measured by documented clinical work...that's frozen for the time being, too. And staffing is on freeze, too. Hurray for the economy. :thumbup:

Interestingly, it makes my existence even more valuable to my director because if I leave..I ain't getting replaced for at least a year. :laugh:

There is always CVS when they down size you.

We haven't experienced a wage freeze per se, however the entire company postponed merit increases for about 9 months, and they will go into effect next May (rather than last fall).

For the purpose of illustrating that you can still be rewarded for hard work...I was able to negotiate a 18% annual salary increase that went into effect a couple months ago.

I haven't experienced a wage freeze per se, however the entire company postponed merit increases for about 9 months, and they will go into effect next May (rather than last fall).

For the purpose of illustrating that you can still be rewarded for hard work...I was able to negotiate a 18% annual salary increase that went into effect a couple months ago.

Can you loan me some money?