Uh-oh...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EMApplicant

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
With the rank list deadline just a mere 48 hours away, i've changed my rank list 3 times in the last 3 days. I'm also suffering from a serious case of last minute 4-year program cold feet. I have a feeling that this could get ugly...

Anyone else out there suffering from last minute indecision? :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

EMApplicant said:
With the rank list deadline just a mere 48 hours away, i've changed my rank list 3 times in the last 3 days. I'm also suffering from a serious case of last minute 4-year program cold feet. I have a feeling that this could get ugly...

Certified that bad boy today...just let it go.

EMApplicant said:

You are not alone. :eek:
AARG!!
I thought I had it down back in January, and now I'm seriously flip-flopping between my top two. I'm emailing residents, and getting opinions, and really stressing. Mostly, the opinions are "my program rocks!" :) I know I'd be happy at either (or any on my list, really,) but it's so hard to compare when it comes down to nitpicky details.

I'm also trying to keep my brain in gear (I'm doing a surg Sub-I), but they're very understanding. Thank goodness.
Sheesh. Deep breath.

Members don't see this ad :)
my rank list is still all over the place. i can't decide where i want to live.

Dude, it's not that hard... just make sure that your top choices are in the cities you love the most. You can't go wrong if you're havin' fun outside of work.

All the nit-picky details of a program are meaningless if you hate the city!

EMApplicant said:

I feel your pain man. All I can say is that its a good thing that NRMP does not charge for every time I recertify my list. I'd be a poor ( errr...even poorer) man by now. :laugh:

I just changed my list, but I think it's because I was fooling myself all along. In the end it was Joseph Campbell who helped me decide.

"Follow your bliss."

Wilco,
Nice shout out to Campbell. My dad would be proud! Best of luck!

dchristismi said:
...I'm seriously flip-flopping between my top two...

Pull that nice shiny quarter out of your pocket and give it a flip or two. Best 3 out of 5 maybe :D .

ekydrd said:
Pull that nice shiny quarter out of your pocket and give it a flip or two. Best 3 out of 5 maybe :D .

Or, if after your first flip, you feel the need to flip again, perhaps you have your answer. :)

Good luck all! May you all get the post-certification peace that I did.

Take care,
Jeff

I couldn't agree more! I've been having the same dilemma for a couple weeks. Fortunately it's finally getting down to the wire that a decision will have to be made. Luckily, I feel really strongly about my top four and any of them would be an excellent residency. In no particular order: Indiana, Grand Rapids, K-Zoo, and MCG. One thing is for sure- I can't wait to find out where I'll be for the next three years!

Ok, whew. Done.

Yes, Inner Peace is taking over. And if it needs a little help, that can be arranged. Oh what the hell, I need a drink.

Get really drunk...I mean most decisions you make while drunk are good ones right?